heads for 318

-

76318dart

Reaction score
I was thinking of putting different heads on my 318. I have 360 1.88/1.60 ported heads, they are also milled .035. The rest of my combo is:
318 30 over
kb399
erson 488/510 234/244
eddy air gap
650 holley dp
904 trans 3500 stall
8 3/4 410 gears.
It runs high 12's with a 1.79 60ft.
I was wondering if magnum heads or eddy heads would help me out that much?

Are you saying you have the 360 heads or they are on the car?

The 360's are good, but the Mags are better. If you went with the Mags you would have to change the intake or have it re drilled.

High 12's is nice!!!! whats it in? Never mind, i see it in your name. lol

That sounds like a fairly potent combination you have there right now. Any time you can get a 318 into the 12's with a fairly mild combo like that, you're definitely doing something right. The heads you have there now obviously have the right size valves and ports to give good flow velocity with your engine combo. I doubt that a switch to Eddies or mags will give you enough of a gain to justify the cost. Having been on the "younger women, faster horses, older whiskey, and more money" wagon since I was a young feller, I know where you're headed, but how fast do you want to go with this combo? Remember, you're better off with a good running, RELIABLE, combo like you have there, than with a finicky, fix-it-weekly machine that will run a 1/2 sec. faster in the quarter mile. :)

I agree, just swapping heads most likely would not do much good. I have a hard time believing it be a 1/2 second faster, you are already in the 12's.

You want more? Time to get a 360, better yet a stroke 360, with the same heads you still would be guarantee to run the Q faster.

Best upgrade in heads would be a set of Edelbrock Magnum RPMs or you could use the EQ Magnums that are all ready drilled for the LA intake.

-
Back