Heads up.....Do not deal with this guy

-
I know Lance, there is always one in the bunch. I thought about not posting anymore, but that wouldn't be right either. There has been a lot of good people help me on here and if I can help someone, I will do it.

If Ed is really a great guy and a buddy of some of you, why don't you give him a call and let him know he's being an asshat and a piss-poor businessman and to knock it off if he wants his business to thrive and be successful? Letting a jerk be a jerk won't teach him anything and he'll never change.
People don't correct their mistakes if friends and relatives cover up for them. It's called "enabling".
What he did, like it or not, was UNETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICE.

Trudysduster Thanks for the heads up.."I don't believe a Chevy guy would be buying Mopar parts" well this Chevy guy is buying Mopar parts haha.. My youngest daughter just got a 69 dart I don't love or hate any one make of car as long as it is a old car I love it I'm just a classic car guy.. I just never had the opportunity to own or work on a Mopar until know... Thanks to my youngest daughter.. Lookin forward the time we will be spending together working on this project the memories will be with us forever. So any and all info is great even if its a heads up from someone that had a bad experience as your self Thanks Steve

Trudysduster Thanks for the heads up.."I don't believe a Chevy guy would be buying Mopar parts" well this Chevy guy is buying Mopar parts haha.. My youngest daughter just got a 69 dart I don't love or hate any one make of car as long as it is a old car I love it I'm just a classic car guy.. I just never had the opportunity to own or work on a Mopar until know... Thanks to my youngest daughter.. Lookin forward the time we will be spending together working on this project the memories will be with us forever. So any and all info is great even if its a heads up from someone that had a bad experience as your self Thanks Steve
Don't worry I got a shed full of mopars and chebbies they both rust the same but both lots get upset if a dorf comes onto the property. I did read some ware that in the 1920/30's Henry,Mr Chrysler and the dudes from GM would often have lunch together and smoke cigars in gentle mans clubs checking out the strippers. They even tried to fight back against the Asian invasion during the late fifties early sixties. Ford and Chrysler even swapped car names for the compacts. We were nearly driving Plymouth Falcons and the other guys would have been in Ford valiant's. Yeah we had both GM and Ford dudes giving us **** here in Australia. We often got " F$&@ing wog chariot driver"
But at the end of the day after you just put some dorf into the weeds you had a smile on your face. I cannot say I dislike a GT40 or a nice mustystung or even a nice vet.

He has to deal with lots of different personalities.

Yes, that's part of being in business. There are many different kinds of people and personalities to deal with.

If you can't handle dealing with different people and personalities, then don't get into a business where you have contact with the public. Go take a factory job or go pick crops for a living.

The old adage, "The customer is always right"....

There are a few key factors in running a successful business. One of which is CUSTOMER SERVICE...

I don't sell parts on Craigslist or ebay anymore. Just to the folks on FABO. And I have changed my billing practice also. If a buyer here commits to buying a part I ship it to the buyer before receiving payment, including the shipping cost. The costs are broken down before I ship so that there are no surprise costs. Photos are taken of the item before packaging and after packaged and I send those photos to the buyer so he/she knows what to expect when they receive the part(s). I except payment after the buyer has received the part. I find I get paid immediately if I sell and ship parts this way. It's an honor system. I have not been burned yet but if I do I won't get mad because I except the risk.

I don't sell parts on Craigslist or ebay anymore. Just to the folks on FABO. And I have changed my billing practice also. If a buyer here commits to buying a part I ship it to the buyer before receiving payment, including the shipping cost. The costs are broken down before I ship so that there are no surprise costs. Photos are taken of the item before packaging and after packaged and I send those photos to the buyer so he/she knows what to expect when they receive the part(s). I except payment after the buyer has received the part. I find I get paid immediately if I sell and ship parts this way. It's an honor system. I have not been burned yet but if I do I won't get mad because I except the risk.

I do the same thing... Right down to the photos of parts, packing and shipping... Most times it seems I get the Check, same day the payee (customer) gets his package... I have as yet to have any problems whatsoever... But, I do pay attention to the posts about the few (and it's Very Few) idiots !!! So I do appreciate those who sound the alarm.

Thank You SoulSurvivor for your refreshing post that there is still Trust and Honor out there!!

Clif "Old Mopar Geezer" of Az. :coffee2:

-
Back