Not open for further replies.

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Contact seller
well, I am going to give you guys who is cutting up the Dusters and Dart Sports that I may need a piece of rear frame rail. My son and I got into this 73 Dart Sport a little more this weekend and found a little more damage. not surprising. Some rot back there on the rear frame rails. I may need a couple feet of rail back there on both sides. I havent decided whether to get a piece off a car or buy a piece of box or C channel and make it. so if you have about 2 feet of frame rail on the very back end on both sides off of a 73-76 Duster or Dart Sport available, let me know and we may be able to do some business. Price it. my zip is 41035. Thanks,Bill

sorry dude I totaly didnt mean to give you the finger it was supposed to be the little devil omg lol.

this one :snakeman:

not this one :finga:

because :wack:

I fabricated my own caps for the rusted frame rails on my car. It was much cheaper than buying anything to replace them and not that hard.

it isnt the first time someone has given me the finger I didnt know. prolly wont be the last either. LOL

yeah Clint, I figured as many cars as I have seen on here that is being parted and scrapped that someone would be handy with a reciprocal saw but its winter time and I would not want to be outside cutting them so I am just gonna go to the steel plant and either get some c channel or box channel and go to work on it. it wont be the first time I have done it. I just hope its the last time.

I have a good set of rear frame rail spring boxes already off and trimmed for installation if it helps PM me

ok x-racer. This is what I did. the pic shows the trunk area that is going to be completely removed.I cut a piece of the frame rail out as shown to figure out what I needed. I am replacing 60" of rail from the back of the trunk at the tail panel up towards the rear seat. That will get all the rust out. I went to the steel plant and looked for what I needed. The inside of the frame rail is approx. 1 5/8 " wide x3 1/2" deep. I took a piece of box channel 1 1/2"x1 1/2" x 60" long and laid it on top of a piece 1 1/2" x 2"x 60" and welded them together. That gave me a 1 1/2 x 3 1/2 rail 60" long. I welded one end in spots because it will be facing the tire well and the other end I welded it continously and will grind it down smooth because it will be facing the outside. I will drop this in the section I cut out of the frame rail and weld the front and back all the way around into the frame rail channel. we are replacing the trunk extensions, tail panel reinforcing brackets, a one piece trunk floor and all the pieces back there. Total cost of the steel today was $46.00. It works for me.

Attachments

• DSC04264 (Copy).jpg
    117 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC04262 (Copy).jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC04263 (Copy).jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC04265 (Copy).jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 105
Status
Not open for further replies.
-