heads

-

canner78

canner78
Reaction score
i was wondering if anyone know the head cc for a 1974 dart 318 and what the cc is on the 302 casting heads.

mine are out of a 1986 newyorker 318 2brl how do i know exactly how many cc they are. is there a way i can check them?

mine are out of a 1986 newyorker 318 2brl how do i know exactly how many cc they are. is there a way i can check them?

Cut a piece of transparent plexiglass/plastic to a size that will cover the combustion chamber & drill a hole in it, 1/8 to 1/4 inch or there abouts. It needs to be transparent so you can make sure you don't leave any air bubbles when measuring. Turn the head upside down so the combustion chambers are facing up. Seal the plastic to the head surface with some grease. Yoe might want to try clamping it to make sure it stays in place. Fill the combustion chamber with liquid like light oil like trans fluid or something similar & measure how much it takes to fill the chamber. Easiest with a graduated cylinder of some sort with valve on the bottom. I'm sure there are kits somewhere to do it with. You could also use syringes with cc markings on them, but probably not as accurate. Would put you in the ballpark though. Everytime we get medicine for our kids they toss in a syringe to measure the dose with. Too bad theyre not 100 cc size.

The 74 318's generally are 120 cc's int. runner 62 or there abouts chambers and 46 cc's on the exhaust. The 302's are 118 on the intake cc's 60-62 cc's chambers and 44-46 on the exh.cc's.

well i did the test and the came out as about a 58 cc combustion chamber. thanks for the help. by the way an old cd works perfect for the top cover, and already has a hole.

-
Back