Headunit in glove box?

-

bbizelli

Reaction score
Hey guys i got a question.. My buddy has a extra headunit he is using and i would like to put it in my 72 duster but i dont want it on the dash because i want it to look all original. Anyways i dont really have a glove box i just open the door and nothing is there... Has anyone ever made a mount and put a headunit in the dash before? I was thinking about taking a piece of flat aluminum and just putting it in there (havent looked into how to mount the aluminum yet) And put it in the glove box and the dash look stock but then i can have FM radio also and use cds. Has anyone ever done this before or anything like this? Any help or ideas would be awesome! Thanks!!

Hey guys i got a question.. My buddy has a extra headunit he is using and i would like to put it in my 72 duster but i dont want it on the dash because i want it to look all original. Anyways i dont really have a glove box i just open the door and nothing is there... Has anyone ever made a mount and put a headunit in the dash before? I was thinking about taking a piece of flat aluminum and just putting it in there (havent looked into how to mount the aluminum yet) And put it in the glove box and the dash look stock but then i can have FM radio also and use cds. Has anyone ever done this before or anything like this? Any help or ideas would be awesome! Thanks!!

I've seen new radio units that look like old ones and have ipod hook-up etc, but it's been mainly ford and chevy.

This company will take your old radio and install aux hook-ups and all new electronics. http://www.turnswitch.com/radio1.htm

Let us know what you decide to do because I've wanted to put a new radio in, but can't bring myself to cut out the old two-knobber plate.

-
Back