Heat control valve spring

Slant 6 Engines

1. 66Dirtydart

66Dirtydart FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    7:24 PM
    Are the heat control valve springs and hardware reproduced? My 170 has no springs on it. The valve isn't seized, but has been stuck in the "cold" position.

I've got it all apart to replace broken hardware and put in a set of Remflex gaskets and would like to restore the function of the heat control valve while I'm in there.

Thanks!

2. slantsixdan

slantsixdan =..=

Local Time:
    Having a working heat control valve is an excellent idea. The '60-'64, '65-'69, and '70-up style Slant-6 manifold heat control valve hardware is all unavailable as a new-stock or repro item; it's going to be a go-fish deal for old-stock parts, except if obtained as part of a new exhaust manifold (not necessarily a bad idea if you're going to the R&R trouble, unless your pre-'70 manifold is in unusually good condition).

• Like Like x 1
    • 66Dirtydart

66Dirtydart FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
      Thanks Dan, it was a long shot. This is a 1964 170 manifold that doesn't appear to be cracked. I'll see if I can locate a used spring and if not I'll look into a replacement manifold.

• slantsixdan

slantsixdan =..=

Local Time:
      Check the manifold carefully not just for cracks, but also for flatness of the gasket surfaces and for warp in both dimensions.

• Like Like x 1
      1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
        By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.