heat crossover/intake question

-

Jamakin

Reaction score
I bought an edelbrock performer intake and was test fitting it last night. This intake doesn't cover the heat cross over. The square port below it is covered but not the round half circle opening.

Did I buy the wrong intake or is there something else I have to do to cover this up?

Thanks

That opening doesn't need to be covered. Some have used a rolled piece of screen , etc.. in there to prevent small carb parts from falling in.

Reds right. It doesn't need covered. I don't know what Chrysler's idea was behind the design but the half moon part on top doesn't do anything except catch dropped screws.

I remember readin somewhere that it was a relief notch for heat to escape from the exhaust crossover to avoid cracking the head in that area.

thanks for the help guys, I didn't want to bolt everything together with out knowing for sure. It kind of stinks though, I'm trying to dress the engine up and make it look killer. New paint, valve covers, intake, and some other parts. Then there you have the open port there just looking like crap.

Oh well maybe it wont be noticeable when its all said and done.

It's a Mopar.........it will always look better than the "other" two makers! LOL

thanks for the help guys, I didn't want to bolt everything together with out knowing for sure. It kind of stinks though, I'm trying to dress the engine up and make it look killer. New paint, valve covers, intake, and some other parts. Then there you have the open port there just looking like crap.

Oh well maybe it wont be noticeable when its all said and done.

Some intake gaskets cover it up better than others.

This gasket isn't cheap at almost $40 but it has a steel core and won't split if tighten too much. Only gasket I will use now

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FPP-1213S-3/

-
Back