Heat/sound deadner install

-

speedyb-cc

speedyb
Reaction score
I bought the foil faced and the directions say to put the foil towards the heat/sound source which would be down but the articles and pictures I'm seeing all show it installed with the foil up. Which is best?
Thanks and God Bless
Bruce

my stuff has the silver facing up and the adhesive is on the other side.

Yes, always put the foil towards the heat source. When I bought mine, I got the double sided foil to insulate both inside and outside. Not sure if it actually helped but thats what I bought.

bh242.JPG

bh248.JPG

I am a powder and ceramic coater and have had great results with first putting a coat of ceramic barrier down which acts a primer and also will keep it 25 - 30 degrees cooler and also 10 - 12 db. sound deadening. Then put stick down insulation down. The stuff is brushed or sprayed on, no backing, and does work great. There are several manufactures such as Lizard Skin.

befor car.jpg

blasting.jpg

How so? We actually don't use Lizard Skin, but is similar product by our vendor, haven't had anything bad to say as of yet.

Thanks to all for the help, got the under dash and front floor done what a difference! I had to replace the a/c box so was able to get the mat all the way up behind the box, major difference in the heat and sound, or lack there of, coming off the firewall, can't wait to get the rest done.
Thanks again and God Bless
Bruce

-
Back