Heater box removal question

-

Ott

Reaction score
IMG_2906.JPG
Hi y'all,

The heater on my 1971 Scamp wasn't hooked up when I purchased it, so I decided to get it working to extend the cruising season. After researching the issue here on FABO, it loooked like a simple job. However, my box seems to be attached to the firewall in a manner that is not like the "typical" box. I don't seem to have the 4 bolts sorrounding the fan on the firewall like I'm seeing in the examples found. This leads to two questions, what kind of box do I have and how do I get it out??

I want to get my heater working, so once I get this box out, will I need to purchase a "normal" box and will I need some sort of adapter plate for the firewall?

Thanks,

Art

View attachment 1715009985 Hi y'all,

The heater on my 1971 Scamp wasn't hooked up when I purchased it, so I decided to get it working to extend the cruising season. After researching the issue here on FABO, it loooked like a simple job. However, my box seems to be attached to the firewall in a manner that is not like the "typical" box. I don't seem to have the 4 bolts sorrounding the fan on the firewall like I'm seeing in the examples found. This leads to two questions, what kind of box do I have and how do I get it out??

I want to get my heater working, so once I get this box out, will I need to purchase a "normal" box and will I need some sort of adapter plate for the firewall?

Thanks,

Art
The heater blower motor is for an A/C setup. Is that the way you want to go or revert to a non A/C setup?

IMG_2904.JPG
The heater blower motor is for an A/C setup. Is that the way you want to go or revert to a non A/C setup?
Thanks for the quick reply. I want to go heater only. I forgot to mention that I got the inner 1/2 of the box and heater core removed. I could tell that it was a mismatch of parts. I will probably be replacing the entire assembly with a heater only box, if I can get the old one out. What concerns me most is the lack of 4 holes for the correct blower. Is an adapter plate available?

-
Back