Heater Box

-

Dizzydean

Reaction score
I'm in the process of putting the rest of my 67 dart heater box together and of course somehow I have deleted all my phone photos. Im at the door which has the rubber bumper on it. Using the rebuild kit is there any foam the goes on this door? I don't recall when it came out that there was anything on it. Also what purpose does the bumper serve? Can it come off and not affect the doors operation? The staple was a pain to get off.

As I remember I put foam on all the doors to help them seal. But with out foam everything will still function. Most all the heater boxes leak so what I did was put a manual shut off valve on the heater hose. Oem vacuum valves expensive. Home Depot manual valve cheap. Good luck.

So I'm still curious to know if I remove the bumper and seal the edges will the door still operate properly. Seems like it stops the door from closing all the way either direction.

DSC_0001 (1).JPG

DSC_0003 (1).JPG

DSC_0002 (1).JPG

I left the bumper and used foam on the door. If I remember right if the bumper was removed the door would get stuck in the closed position.

-
Back