Heater Delete?

-

4mulaSvaliant

Reaction score
Ok I thought Id try this one more time in a different forum because I didnt seem to get much attention from the last post I did.
Quick run down:
I bought a HEATER delete panel for my 69 Valiant off of EBAY for about 25 bucks. That was a good deal in the first place considering its new old stock in orig. box.
Turns out it is a 68 Valiant Signet panel.
I ran the part # and nothing comes up. If I switch the last two numbers around it comes up with Radio Bezel 68 signet. But it says nothing about heater delete.
I was going to cut the heater delete section out and fit my heater controls in it very carfully but then realized I may have something kinda rare.
Anyone have any light to shine on the subject? :wav:

What year was it that dodge offered a 12 sec ready to race plex glass side window's set belt clip's held the side window's up did these car's come out of the Ramcharger era.about 68.
seem's to me it was a dart or valiant, Rite out of the fact,ready to race.

my car is a heater delete car.
it was supposed to have be shipped
back to the mainland from hawaii by a retired serviceman.
i'd be interested to find out if this is true or not.
could you tell by the fender tag?
i'd love to know what you find out about yours.
longarm

well I last heard that it was a typical option on cars from wayyyyyy south but have not found any real proof of that either.
Part # is AAXK 2770 556 I think the AAXK is not typically part of the number, but maybe thats where I went wrong!!!! that # is directly off the back of the bezel.
Any help is great! thx

both of my cars (67 valiant & 68 dart 2dr sedan) are heater delete cars.
we no need em here, ..ever !!

I always was told that no cars after 68 could be ordered with heater delete.The US goverment deemed it a safety hazard because of no way to defrost windows.Therefore all cars 69 and later had to have heaters!

Bobby

So I guess I can only assume they were for cars for tropical area's and not anything perticularly special.
Hmm maybe Ill hold onto it just incase I find somebody who may need to get one. After all it is brand spankin' new. In the box even! Ok thx all

7 1970 cars are known with heater delete so far, all of them sold new in Hawaii.

T/Ake care,
Barry

how could you tell if mine is another one of them.
1970 dart swinger
and would that have any reflection on the
value of a car?
i have a challenger in the registry already and a
partial vin to a chally that was destroyed.

I'd be curious to know how many of these cars were un-optioned this way.
I live in honolulu and just assumed that heater delete was fairly common for older cars, though my cars are the only examples i've seen.
Both of my cars rolled off the line as bare bones strippers with only an auto trans and, in the dart, power steering, thats it, absolutely no other options.
One wonders how many people would be willing to order and then wait for delivery of such an otherwise basic car knowing that back then, you may be waiting quite a while. Maybe the dealers just ordered most basic models that way...hmmm.
Anyone know how to dig up some numbers for these oddities?

Heater delete is coded on the broadast sheet - H25 for 1970, not sure abot other years.

That is the best way to know for sure. If the car has all the heater delete parts and peices that is a pretty good indication though too. :)

Barry

7 cars thats it! wholly piss. Granted this may not be the most saught after car. However, the Valiant has been increasingly popular as the classic car market has gotten down right stupid. Aswell as people have started to realize they do have a bit of style. I think Ill just sit on this part rather than doing the original plan, which was to cut it up and put my radio and heater controls in it. LOL think Ill hold off.
Ya know, it just dawned on me that if those are production numbers for 70 I have a feeling that the #'s are even lower for that option in 68'. Hmmmm anyway thx guys.

Haha as I wrote the last post I fought to win a RADIO DELETE panel and glove box door to match in very good shape. Ya have to watch Ebay it becomes a bit of a sport! LOL I had the winning bid for like 2 days then some guy tryed to take it from me with 42 seconds left. TOOOOOO bad I was watchin' it. I got it with 12 seconds left for him to attempt to get it back! lol seems sneaky but hey thats the game! He tryed to do it to me!
So now I own two rare peices that are a shame to do what I wanna do with em. Im sure the purists might have sumthin' to say to me. Sorry guys one of em' is gettin cut!

-
Back