Heater Or No Heater,thats The Question

-

MR.7DUSTER3

His money, My time
Reaction score
We are getting close to the engine swap from the / to the 360 and we havent decided whether or not to keep the heater or by-pass the hoses and get rid of the heater all together.We live in So CAl so you really dont need a heater other to defrost the windows occaisionally.the way it works now you have to wipe it with a hand towell to defrost it and then it blows very little hot air up to keep it clear. What are the pros and cons on removing it.
All opinions are welcome

thanks---Bob and Bryce

I too am from SoCal. I just pulled all my stuff out and sold it on eBay. I got rid of the A/C and heat. I am picking up my 360 from Carco on wed. Didnt want any pumps or heater hoses on that nice new motor.

I did it for weight and to keep everything clean. The firewall looks so much better and now I am filling all the holes. Its nice to get rid of all that clutter.

Thats pretty much what we are thinking of doing .just getting rid of alittle more clutter under the hood and dash.

Bob

I like my cars fully functional, I'd leave it in. But then I live outside chicago. LOL, not that they get driven in the winter, a little cooler weather can cause the mist on the windows, nice to clear it at will. Its not that much to rebuild one anyway, just a heater core, 40$.

This car was originally an a a/c car.Is there any differance in the heater box and how hard would it be to convert it to a heater only car? The a/c was the first thing removed when we got the car years ago.

Thanks---Bob

i still have the box under my dash with the vents and i can still get the vents to work but its cool air and i dont have anything hooked up so i guess its jsut the fan pushing air but i might remove it

I yanked the heater box out of my Duster and I don't know why I waited so long to do it. Tons more room and the car lost about 40lbs.

-
Back