heater valve 88 LeBaron questions

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
I have a customer who has a 88 Lebaron 2.2 turbo at home and the heater valve is not correctly hooked up. It has four hose connections, one on one side and three on the other. It is vacuum operated. Anyone know where the hoses go or have a pic? I'd appreciate any help.

Well, in the absence of anyone that knows speaking up...
I assume this is the valve behind the dash, correct?
The single is probably your incoming source line that may come from a vacuum canister under the hood. If so, it probably has vacuum all the time and you could easily check this.
The other three lines probably open doors within the a/c-heater box. Can you see any vacuum pods on or around that? Might be on top, behind or in front of the box somewhere. Just hook them up and see where you go - it's only vacuum!

Comparing this with my Duster, there is an incoming line; the heat line operates a pod that operates the valve in the heater hose line. The other lines operate doors in the a/c-heater box.
HTH
C

Try sending a PM to member Tony Fields. He has an awesome Turbo LeBaron, but I can't remember what year........

Attachments

• Sept 2012 322 (Small).jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 115
Well, in the absence of anyone that knows speaking up...
I assume this is the valve behind the dash, correct?
The single is probably your incoming source line that may come from a vacuum canister under the hood. If so, it probably has vacuum all the time and you could easily check this.
The other three lines probably open doors within the a/c-heater box. Can you see any vacuum pods on or around that? Might be on top, behind or in front of the box somewhere. Just hook them up and see where you go - it's only vacuum!

Comparing this with my Duster, there is an incoming line; the heat line operates a pod that operates the valve in the heater hose line. The other lines operate doors in the a/c-heater box.
HTH
C

This is under the battery tray. All four of the big hoses are supposed to have coolant in or out and there is a small hard plastic vacuum line to operate the valve. I had one of these many years ago, but I don't remember anything about the valve. I will try Tony Fields, though.

Here's the Service Manuals from Chrysler.

Attachments

• DSCF5013 (Medium).jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 104
  • DSCF5014 (Medium).jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 118
  • DSCF5015 (Medium).jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 139
  • DSCF5016 (Medium).jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 113
  • DSCF5017 (Medium).jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 120
-