Heater wont work - 67 Valiant AC car

-

ESP47

Reaction score
Hey guy's I'm trying to get the heater to work in this car and it's just a no go so far. I couldn't get any heat to the heater core because I'm guessing something was either wrong or the vacuum wasn't working correctly to that valve thats attached to the heater hose under the good. So I bypassed that and now I have heat to the heater core.

My problem is I can't get any heat out of the vents now. I'm guessing some kind of connection is messed up underneath the dash. The AC vents are in the way and I have no idea how to remove them so I can see up under the dash. I get dizzy real quick when working under the dash so I have to do it as quickly as possible. Can anyone explain to me how to get the AC vent box out of the way so I can see the vacuum hoses and wires that activate the heater? Thanks.

If it's anything like my '68 Dart, it's just 2 nuts that you have to get with a deep socket on the bottom of the a/c vent assy.
But, the best way to see the vacuum hoses and cables would be to remove the glovebox.
As far as I know, you have to have the "heat/cool" lever in heat AND vacuum to one of the vacuum actuators via the push button controller (not sure which actuator) in order to blow heat into the car.
It sounds like you might not have a vacuum signal to the controller, first place to check would be the hose at the back of the intake manifold.

If it's anything like my '68 Dart, it's just 2 nuts that you have to get with a deep socket on the bottom of the a/c vent assy.
But, the best way to see the vacuum hoses and cables would be to remove the glovebox.
As far as I know, you have to have the "heat/cool" lever in heat AND vacuum to one of the vacuum actuators via the push button controller (not sure which actuator) in order to blow heat into the car.
It sounds like you might not have a vacuum signal to the controller, first place to check would be the hose at the back of the intake manifold.

You are awesome...thank you! I had no idea where to start. Ended up finding a small vacuum hose that was coming out of the firewall but hidden behind some wires. Took that hose and connected it to the rear intake runner and we have heat! Thanks again.

-
Back