Heating & Cooling guy's response needed

-

pauls340

Reaction score
Installed a 50K btu furnace in garage, horizontal and it won't light. There's electric, the thermostat will set and kickon the furnace, there is gas getting to the furnace, but the burners don't ignite...any ideas why? Thanks for any help.

Most furnaces will give you a Morse-code type error message that you can look up. Does the fan come on? Does the ignitor glow?

As ask before, what type? If its a pilot type it will have a thermal couple. When you try and lite the pilot it has to stay on long enough to heat up the thermal couple or it never will stay on. You start on pilot then after it stays lit after releasing the red button you move the dial on over. Sorta like a gas water heater.
Small Block

It's a self igniter but I didn't see anything glowing. Everything seems to be working, I hear it clickon, the blower is working it even sounds like the fan is running...just no heat. I'll look for the code light flashing.

I did open the bleeder pipe to check if gas was getting all the way up to the furnace itself and I got plenty of gas smell. Maybe I need to blowout the line?

OK, so the electronic pilot light (flame) lights and burns but after 4 minutes the two burner tubes (?) don't ignite and heatup. Could they be plugged...both of them at the same time?

-
Back