Heavy Duty Rear Springs

-

Jeff Clay

Reaction score
Hey guys...I need some help. Purchased a new set of rear springs from Mancini Racing. I installed the springs on my 70 Dart Swinger and found the pin/stud for the axle location was a quarter inch forward than the driver side. Called Mancini's and they checked another set and told me that's they way they are. Has anybody else experienced this issue, or is this the way it is? I need some back...THANKS!!

Have you tried setting the car back down on the ground with those springs??? How does it sit...

One spring may have more arch than the other side, but it will get better when installed and has weight on it...

Last edited:
How about some pictures of what you are talking about???

Biased springs, like SS, may "appear" to be a bit different because of the arc. But I would think that XHD springs are the same from side to side. You can always carefully check your wheelbase once the car is on the ground and settled.

so they measured spring eye to leaf mounting pad hole and found 1/4" difference?
..install 1/4" spacer on the short side in front of the front perch

so they measured spring eye to leaf mounting pad hole and found 1/4" difference?
..install 1/4" spacer on the short side in front of the front perch
The hd spring arch is different. 1/4" is not an issue. Put it together and set it on the ground,Check the tire to front of the wheel well and as long as there is room enjoy your new look. If it really bothers you drill a new hole in the spring pad as many have over the years to move the rear end back to get front clearance for larger tires after a mini tub and spring relocation.Really not a issue at all.

-
Back