Hedman headers

-

johnnycuda

JohnnyCuda's 68
Reaction score
Hey anybody know how the hedman headers are thats what i have on there now. I'm gonna replace with the same i cant afford $650 for tti coated ones right now maybe when i do the motor.
The only reason i'm doing them is the ones on there are alittle flattened from the previous owner and i hit them once. $165 delivered not bad go jegs!

Well, it depends on whether you have manual or power steering. If power, only use the hedmans if you want them flat spotted again. I just recently put these on my car (PN 78050) and the first minor bump I hit, I flat spotted one tube, not too bad, but its there. Also, there's very little clearance between the headers and the steering box, if you have power steering. I'd rather have a set that doesn't go in front of the drag link. I hear ya on the price, tho.

Well, it depends on whether you have manual or power steering. If power, only use the hedmans if you want them flat spotted again. I just recently put these on my car (PN 78050) and the first minor bump I hit, I flat spotted one tube, not too bad, but its there. Also, there's very little clearance between the headers and the steering box, if you have power steering. I'd rather have a set that doesn't go in front of the drag link. I hear ya on the price, tho.
yeah i have p/s did you have to lift the motor alittle? probably right havn't done them in awhile. Ihate to spend $650 on coated ones and mess them up before i do the motor later on. It's screaming 340

I had to lift the car up 24" like the directions said, and get the engine up about 3 - 4 inches, which is easier said than done.. BTW, if you install these, take both monifolds or headers off, and put the driver's side back on first, then the pass - makes it much easier.

I had to lift the car up 24" like the directions said, and get the engine up about 3 - 4 inches, which is easier said than done.. BTW, if you install these, take both monifolds or headers off, and put the driver's side back on first, then the pass - makes it much easier.
Thanks yes i will take both off maybe do some touch up on the block and install did your come with the new ball flange that;s how they are made now

I am running hedmens on my 68 Barracuda. I have had them on the car for 30k miles now and have never touched just driving down the road. I have an abrupt stwp going into the garage and if I go too fast they hit. All in all the tubes wrapping under the drag link is just not an issue for me. I see lots of brand x cars with headers hanging much lower.

Initially my car had manual steering then I swapped in power steering. The headers clear everything in both cases but it is very tight with the power box.

I found it much easier to just remove the steering column and un bolt the steering box to install them. No cussing and the time to R&R the column is only 25 minutes or so.

I am running hedmens on my 68 Barracuda. I have had them on the car for 30k miles now and have never touched just driving down the road. I have an abrupt stwp going into the garage and if I go too fast they hit. All in all the tubes wrapping under the drag link is just not an issue for me. I see lots of brand x cars with headers hanging much lower.

Initially my car had manual steering then I swapped in power steering. The headers clear everything in both cases but it is very tight with the power box.

I found it much easier to just remove the steering column and un bolt the steering box to install them. No cussing and the time to R&R the column is only 25 minutes or so.

That might be an option i will check into it thanks!
I ordered them wednesdaynight should be here maybe friday i will provide a video of open header run!!! LOL

-
Back