Hell week is here. Got the old place squared away.

-
'New management' ruined the fair for me. They closed the gate across the street from my house... that was my fav people watching spot. I think they did it this year, as they are allowing open beers through the whole grounds, always had to stay in the beer tent before. I think it's going to cause a shitshow at the other 3 entrances.. people used to drop off and pick up kids all day at this entrance, and park as close as they could and go in this entrance instead of paying for parking across from the main entrance.
There aren't nearly as many food vendors as there used to be. The wife couldn't find an elephant ear, had to settle for mouse ears. She didn't see much of the crazy deep fried stuff that used to be there either. They used to have a lunch special, where you'd pay 10$ to get into the grounds, get something to eat, and they'd give you the money back if you left within 2 hours.. now they give you $5 back, or a $5 off a ride wristband. So, you have to pay an extra $5 for lunch on top of fair food prices. I know they lost at least 10 of us from where I work that used to get lunch there all 7 days.
They are also charging extra for the big name bands Thurs-Sunday, and extra for the Monster trucks on Sat. and the demo derby on Sunday.
They lost a lot of business. Idiots.

View attachment 1715382542

I don't know how I missed the ferris wheel. LMAO

The Ferris wheel is kinda hard to miss from my bedroom :)

IMGP7441_res.jpg

...The wife couldn't find an elephant ear, had to settle for mouse ears.
i had no idea WTF you were talking about, so i looked them up...now i'm hungry. dang they look good

thanks for nothin' :lol:

I don't do parking duty for a half hour and come back to this. Damn, guys, I could get at least 3, if not 4 more cars in there. Learn how how to park close when ya need to.

IMGP7386_res.jpg

Snapped a couple of the grand niece. She had a long day at the fair,but had a good time with the resident 17 yr. old 225 pound hockey player, and she was in wonder when I stuck my glasses on her.. Wisconsin cheese from natchos still stuck on her face :)

IMGP7401_res.jpg

IMGP7423_res.jpg

-
Back