Hellcat Challenger posting!!!!!

-

67 Power Wagon

Hemi Pawr or BUST!
Reaction score
Yes guys, i know there must be a ZILLION postings on this car, but, out of all of them, I couldn't find one of them (I really didn't look all that long either) BUT, Rob, "RRR" and a few others were wondering what the HP tops out on these I just found this:

2014 and future

Marchionne has confirmed on September 3 that due to acceptable sales figures, the current Challenger will be in production for two more model years.

A Supercharged V8 powered Challenger code named "Hellcat" is expected for the 2015 model year. Expected power figures are 620-680 horsepower and up to 620 lb-ft of torque (the torque capacity of the ZF 8HP transmission), which could make it the most powerful V8 ever to be put in a production car. It will compete with both the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 and Ford Mustang GT500 in both performance, and price range

Looks like that HP rating 620-680 HP is something to behold, I'd love to see it top 700 and then lighten the car, it would be hell to pay from Ford and Chevy then!

I'm refraining from hitting the "Submit New Thread" button....

Well they ain't gonna say exactly where the power is because then Ford and Chevy would have time to up the ante before the Hellcat debuts.

We make the ZF tranny parts! Anyways, it won't matter what the horsepower is because if its supercharged people will be adding a few pounds of boost and creating the horsepower they want.... the same with every turbo/supercharged car ever made

They've posted it now at 707 hp , 11.20 in the 1/4 , 3 tenths faster than the 2013 Shelby GT 500 with both on stock street tires , 10.80 with drag radials , it is officially the fastest production muscle car ever -eat that Ford boys !

They've posted it now at 707 hp , 11.20 in the 1/4 , 3 tenths faster than the 2013 Shelby GT 500 with both on stock street tires , 10.80 with drag radials , it is officially the fastest production muscle car ever -eat that Ford boys !

I suspect that the 1200 hp Mustang will... :) translated to 1000HP at the rear wheels..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYol7m3WjGQ&feature=player_embedded"]2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat performance - YouTube[/ame]

I suspect that the 1200 hp Mustang will... :) translated to 1000HP at the rear wheels..

Who in their right mind would even consider spending $200k+ for a mustang!! Kick *** for sure, but can't even be compared to the hellcat. That car can't even pass emissions! Lol Just wait until some tuners get ahold of the hellcat :finga:

It's not a production car if it's not built on the production line , sold at the dealerships with a warranty and can't pass emissions . Your comparing a hand built super car and it still hasn't posted a better time slip .Hell if we're going to be tarded about it Prudhomme built several Hemi cars that will eat your 1200hp Mustang and he probably built more of them than Ford will build of that car .

Yawn. There is a bunch of FABO cars that can run with it and at less than half the price. What's the big deal? If it is anything like my buddie's Mopar 10 it will be droning through 2 cats, 2 resonators and 2 mufflers. A big but very boring personality.

Yawn. There is a bunch of FABO cars that can run with it and at less than half the price. What's the big deal? If it is anything like my buddie's Mopar 10 it will be droning through 2 cats, 2 resonators and 2 mufflers. A big but very boring personality.
My car is one of them but when I popped a head gasket in Saskatchewan last summer I couldn't drop it off at the dealership and have it fixed on warranty ,I had to spend a couple of days in the hot august sun wrenching on it myself with whatever parts were available in PoDunk Sask . If you did your homework before speaking you would know the car has a bypass setup on the exhaust which is basically acts the same as a side dump to let it breath at the high end so no it won`t be droning through 2 cat 2 resonators and 2 mufflers , and the Mopar 10 was a styling package to an RT car not a performance SRT car so again there's no real comparison but hey -thanks for coming out Eh !
PS they said the same thing 40 years ago about the big power cars and what are they worth today compared to our Abodies ?

My car is one of them but when I popped a head gasket in Saskatchewan last summer I couldn't drop it off at the dealership and have it fixed on warranty ,I had to spend a couple of days in the hot august sun wrenching on it myself with whatever parts were available in PoDunk Sask . If you did your homework before speaking you would know the car has a bypass setup on the exhaust which is basically acts the same as a side dump to let it breath at the high end so no it won`t be droning through 2 cat 2 resonators and 2 mufflers , and the Mopar 10 was a styling package to an RT car not a performance SRT car so again there's no real comparison but hey -thanks for coming out Eh !
PS they said the same thing 40 years ago about the big power cars and what are they worth today compared to our Abodies ?

like to have one, but I never saw a 426 that slow. we put a stock 68 road r. 426 in a 66 belevedere that we later changed to a 67. it ran11.90`s on 7" tires , w/ a set of dougs hedders on it, before we switched to superstock--

-
Back