Hellcat HP

-
Plum Crazy Purple. YEP, if I had the money I'd be all over it. all that "black or white" stripping on the purple replaced, with Chrysler yellow! DAMN that look good!

Many on the board seem to not like the new Challengers, can't really understand their logic. I have been a Mopar guys since the early 80s. At that time many thought there would never be a rear wheel drive Mopar again, period. Now look what we have, a 707 hp turbo Hemi! Seriously how could anyone not be happy with this? I also think we have to give Dodge a little bit of a break on the Challenger, Ford has had since 1965 to get the Mustang to where it is today, and Chevy since 1967 on the Camaro, (yes I know not continuously). Challengers have only been produced a fraction of the time, so give them time to get it all together. My daughter has a 2014 5.7 liter Hemi Challenger, it runs low 13s and is a pleasure to drive. Probably as fast as bone stock 426 Hemi cars of the late 60s which many magazine articles had them running as slow as 13.80s. Yet many on this board think the new Challenger is a fat slow pig, so what does that make a 70 Hemi Challenger?

Remember when Shelby Chargers and GLHS's were all Mopar Guys had to compete with 5.0 Mustangs? I do. We should be happy they even built a two door rear wheel drive anything.

It's not a turbo. It's a screw type roots blower.

Not everyone has the same taste in vehicles. Personally when it comes to the classic Barracudas I prefer the A body Barracudas.

Comparing the Classic Challenger to the new one is like comparing apples to oranges, imo. The only thing they have in common is a name.

That said, the new ones handle MUCH better, generate more power with less engine, are FAR more efficient, and can easily compete with the classic challenger on a drag strip.

However, the classic E body Challengers and 'Cudas will probably always be worth more (in my opinion) than the new ones, don't need a computer, and are an freakin' BLAST to drive!

I don't know that I like the new Challenger better than the old one, but I do know that I wouldn't be opposed to owning either.

The same can not be said for the New Chargers and Darts.

The New Charger is a mis-named family sedan with a performance option. IMO, Chrysler would have done much better to call it a Magnum Sedan. The Available R/T package and the available SRT package speak for themselves. They are, quite simple MORE DOOR fun car. In fact, bring out the Magnum wagon, and the Magnum Sedan at the same time MIGHT have helped the sales on the wagon. The were essentially the same car. There was no need to bastardize the Charger's legacy with a sedan.

The New Dart is a huge disappointment both in form, and sales. It sicken's me that they bastardized the Dart name for another nondescript FWD 4 door sedan, that is really no different than any other car in it's segment. If they HAD to resurrect a handle from the past for a FWD sedan, they should have used "Colt". After all, that what it more closely resembles, anyway ( and seems to be selling as well, too).

This is just my opinion, though.

Not everyone has the same taste in vehicles. Personally when it comes to the classic Barracudas I prefer the A body Barracudas.

Comparing the Classic Challenger to the new one is like comparing apples to oranges, imo. The only thing they have in common is a name.

That said, the new ones handle MUCH better, generate more power with less engine, are FAR more efficient, and can easily compete with the classic challenger on a drag strip.

However, the classic E body Challengers and 'Cudas will probably always be worth more (in my opinion) than the new ones, don't need a computer, and are an freakin' BLAST to drive!

I don't know that I like the new Challenger better than the old one, but I do know that I wouldn't be opposed to owning either.

Totally agree with you, I see others comparing the two. I like the classic Challenger looks and attitude over the new car, but clearly the new car is a better overall car. But to say the new Challenger is a fat pig, etc isn't fair IMO.

This car is going to be incredible, and the HP will go up when the tuners get involved, I can't wait to see 1/4 mile times on this thing. But wait until you see the price tag on this beast!

Here in Oz we get nothing like this. I've been following the Hellcat and wishing Chrysler/Ford or Chev would bring something in.
We have the last GT Ford ever built coming out later this year with 496hp net with a cost of $80,000AUD or $75,000USD plus all taxes. This will be one of the last OZ built muscle cars ever, only 500 built and all sold and paid in full 8 mth before release.

Chrysler marketing has been excellent (IMO) with the launch of this, they will want to be competitive with the price. With what I've managed to see the Shelby GT500 Super Snake is $95k so I would think that Chrysler will target this price.

Many on the board seem to not like the new Challengers, can't really understand their logic. I have been a Mopar guys since the early 80s. At that time many thought there would never be a rear wheel drive Mopar again, period. Now look what we have, a 707 hp turbo Hemi! Seriously how could anyone not be happy with this? I also think we have to give Dodge a little bit of a break on the Challenger, Ford has had since 1965 to get the Mustang to where it is today, and Chevy since 1967 on the Camaro, (yes I know not continuously). Challengers have only been produced a fraction of the time, so give them time to get it all together. My daughter has a 2014 5.7 liter Hemi Challenger, it runs low 13s and is a pleasure to drive. Probably as fast as bone stock 426 Hemi cars of the late 60s which many magazine articles had them running as slow as 13.80s. Yet many on this board think the new Challenger is a fat slow pig, so what does that make a 70 Hemi Challenger? Remember when Shelby Chargers and GLHS's were all Mopar Guys had to compete with 5.0 Mustangs? I do. We should be happy they even built a two door rear wheel drive anything.

And those times were typically with bias ply tires on the old ones too. Put a good set of soft tires on an old one and it would probably be capable of high to mid 12's.

This car is going to be incredible, and the HP will go up when the tuners get involved, I can't wait to see 1/4 mile times on this thing. But wait until you see the price tag on this beast!
Especially after someone slaps a few bolt ons in one.

That's great, about time, My dad puts on a lot of super chargers and most people bye n supercharged mustang-Camaro- challenger for say $35,000 and put them on for a end price of $16,000 average and still $51,000 is still cheaper then buying one from the factory with a super charger, but if you have the money, why not? .... Im curious to see the price ,

That's great, about time, My dad puts on a lot of super chargers and most people bye n supercharged mustang-Camaro- challenger for say $35,000 and put them on for a end price of $16,000 average and still $51,000 is still cheaper then buying one from the factory with a super charger, but if you have the money, why not? .... Im curious to see the price ,
I want one! but it`ll be $75000 or more, a little too high for a retiring plumber--bob

-
Back