HELLCATS at Carlisle

-
Wife and I took the Hellcat ride at Mopars at the Strip in Vegas. It was awesome. They had 2 Vipers there also, we got out of Chargers and rode the Vipers. Hellcats great but Vipers on slalom were better. Dodge hammered on them for 3 days straight.

Just getting back on here to post but I waited the hour to ride in a Hellcat on Sunday. It was impressive. The female driver was hammering it down the best I thought and was glad I got to ride with her.

I'm just glad Dodge is finally doing something. Back in the 90's, they offered nothing for a pony car to the Mustangs or Camaros. And it wasn't any better when Daimler owned them. Sure, nothing is going to replace the Mopars of the 60s and 70s, it's a time period of automotive history never to be repeated. So why keep yourself from enjoying this new era of muscle cars?

I'm just glad Dodge is finally doing something. Back in the 90's, they offered nothing for a pony car to the Mustangs or Camaros. And it wasn't any better when Daimler owned them. Sure, nothing is going to replace the Mopars of the 60s and 70s, it's a time period of automotive history never to be repeated. So why keep yourself from enjoying this new era of muscle cars?[/QUOTE]

Well,Said.

I'm just glad Dodge is finally doing something. Back in the 90's, they offered nothing for a pony car to the Mustangs or Camaros. And it wasn't any better when Daimler owned them. Sure, nothing is going to replace the Mopars of the 60s and 70s, it's a time period of automotive history never to be repeated. So why keep yourself from enjoying this new era of muscle cars?

Well,Said.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

I'm right with ya' Mopar/fiat hasn't made anything worth my hard earned money in over 40 years...

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. Lots of sour grapes out there. I know I can't afford a Hellcat or even close to that but I'm not going to stick my nose up at it.

Well,Said.

Thanks.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. Lots of sour grapes out there. I know I can't afford a Hellcat or even close to that but I'm not going to stick my nose up at it.[/QUOTE]

Sour grapes seriously..trust me if i want one of those mexican motored imported pieces of **** it would be in my garage.

If its put out by mopar/fiat in the last 40 years it ain't to me..they stop making real cars in the early '70's...

I think what your trying to say is that in the early 70's Chrysler produced some very shabbily built, under powered, prone to corrosion cars. The interiors were cheaply made and the lack of bolstering enabled the driver to easily slide around when taking corners. That is if you could find a smooth, long sweeping turn as these old cars had the turning radius and handling capabilities of a dump truck.

But we all know that technology and materials were so much better when Nixon was president.

You sentence should read: they started making real piece of crap cars in the early 70's. :D

So our cars ain't worth anything.

Pretty much.

"Oh my God!" says the whiner. "Fiat owns Chrysler!"

Ever see what happens when the parent company of a brand dies? Find parts for a Packard or a Studebaker. Once the parent company is no longer in the public eye, parts for the older **** (like ours) dries up and no one cars.

Anyone remember the name "Durant?" No? Not surprising. Or, hey, let's give Year One a call and see if they have parts for a RIO. You mean they don't have those parts?

All of us obviously love the old stuff. But I have to say these new cars impress the hell out of me. Even my wife's 2014 Town and Country hauls *** and total luxury inside and MPG's are great.

The new performance cars are what is keeping the banner flying at chrysler. People come in to the dealers to look at them, and maybe drive out with a family car or truck they really need.

The old stuff is great, easy to work on etc. But the new stuff is there to rekindle the passion of what made chrysler great in the 60s and early 70s. I think the new challenger is great. A bit heavy, but great. Hell my 07 mustang gt is pretty porky compared to the original one.

Over all i think the italians like chrysler, and are trying hard to give us cars that people like and identify with. An FYI fiat automobile also includes alfa and ferrari. So you would think they would have killed the viper. No fiat likes the viper. Its a halo car for the chrysler brand.

There is more synergy and excitement in auburn hills than there used to be when the Krauts ran the show. Fiat is also looking at chrysler vehicles it can sell overseas in europe, along with expanding into asia.

Our old cars are still great, but unfortunately old news. New car sales are what is going to keep chrysler alive. I agree with ramenth. Once the parent company dies, its game over.

An FYI fiat automobile also includes alfa and Ferrari. So you would think they would have killed the viper. No fiat likes the viper. Its a halo car for the Chrysler brand.

Yeah, they sure didn't kill it. I watched a show on the new Viper, and it's amazing how they have updated it with all new performance mods, construction etc. It ought to be a bad little ride.

-
Back