Hello, 65 Cuda S. Complete resto.

-

Fonden

Reaction score
Morning, I just recently inherited a 65 Fish that has been sitting in a tobacco barn for the last 30 yrs and have a good bit of work to do, the interior is 80% needs some dye on carpets and fresh paint but exterior and drive-train need a lot of work. It was converted to run on 4 cyl back in the 70's and sittin so long the humidity ate some of the valves and seats, pistons and rest are ok and have a set of 99 360 Magnum heads and the keg intake so am going to convert to EFI just wish it was a set of 340 heads but such is life. Have read up on the 88-93 Mustang conversion and will prob go for that unless someone has a better set-up, have to be very budget friendly. Just found a 8 3/4 rearend for it and if anybody needs some interior or rear qtrs back on a 72 Cuda gimme a hollar. Gonna take a look around now, Ya'll take care and if interested I'll post some pic's to show what I'm up against.. :)

Welcome to yet another '65 Fish that's been uncovered. Thanks for saving her. Yes, pics please, and again, welcome.

Welcome to FABO Fonden.
Sounds like you've got a nice plan there. Have any pics of how the car looked when you got it? Did they convert a V8 to run on 4 cylinders, sounds weird.

Ty for the welcome, sorry for the delay in my reply but have been under my son-in-law's POS Rodeo replacing the front end components (northern car and everything was crusted up). But done w/that. Back in the 70's when the gas crunch hit alot of ppl had V8's converted to 4cyl, they would remove the pushrods (on the Cuda) in cylinder's 1-7-4-6 and take the exhaust valve out of the cylinders. That is where I ran into trouble!!! I took the passenger's side head off first and it was in pretty good shape, new valves, lifters cam and springs would have been all I would have needed. Well I "Assumed" the drivers would be in same shape, wrong!!! The valve seats we;re destroyed and 1 cylinder is crusted beyond repair so I was extremely disappointed. So I got on Craigslist and the 1st thing I see is a 1967 318 for $400.00, call the fellow up and am there in an hour. Got to talking with the guy and he has a 70 Cuda he races at Farmington, NC and I look and it has no rear bumper, I have a scrap 72 Cuda I am parting out and tell him I will bring him the bumper brackets as soon as I get them off, the 318 is complete and I check the #'s and it is a 67 so I tell him I want it and go to hand him the $ and he drops it to $150.00!!!!! First year for the 318 LA forged crank, and I am a Very very happy camper then yesterday my son, he lives down in Myrtle Beach went to the scrapyard and there sits a 1993 Mustang GT, computer and engine harness still there. $125.00 later and that is the finishing pieces to the EFI I want to use. So I am beside myself with joy on how everything fell together and am ready to get to busy... I will try to attach a cpl pic's of the "Fish" and am open to all suggestions the 1 thing I have been lookin for is the 2 round plastic Parking/Turn Lenses in the front have spent 4 months lookin and nada so far. Ty and am glad to be here. :)

P.S. will get pic's as soon as I figure it out, the tab I hit wanted URL and all that so ??? LOL G-Pa is dinosaur w/that stuff...

Welcome aboard Fonden, Lets get a restoration thread going :cheers: I enjoy reading and learning in those thread :glasses7: Yes! Thank you for saving this great MoPar :color:

-
Back