Hello! 67 notchback central IL

-

Trojmn

Reaction score
Hello!

Im Ben from Illinois. I use the same handle on neons.org, srtforums, ebay etc....

Ive been lurking long enough and recently have been motivated to wrench on my 67 Barracuda Bought it in 2009 on ebay no joke... then bought two oneway tickets to SanJose CA for a Thursday and my brother and I drove it home to IL 2200miles in February 2009 and was home 3hrs before i went into work on Monday! Those seats are MURDER after an hour let alone 2 days! We did a rod/jet change on the original AFB in a supermarket parking lot with a LM1 wideband shoved up the tailpipe, got 18-20MPG ~ish on the way home. I bought it specifically because it was a complete "driver" that i could cruise and do weekend warrior projects as time allowed. I had recently sold a 65 barracuda (273 4speed) basket case that had sat inoperable for 3 years because of my time/priority issues. And was wanting something in my budget (aka not an E-body) with aftermarket support (aka post 67) and i have always like notchback Barracudas the best.

Then the Autox bug bit me hard and i had a neon for commuting to work 3200miles/month. So while i learned how to drive in anger during the rare time I had to play, the Barracuda was a low priority. Fast forward to today and i bought a local 68 parts car for for a couple key parts that i was needing and the novelty that i NEVER see a-body barracudas around let alone local parts.

I've really been wanting (aka stocking parts) to get the A-body turning better. Its light~ish, RWD, so it could be a fun turner in ESP.

Could use some dings pulled out and a repaint, needs a few things here and there but i like it alot. Its a original 273 4bl 8.75 car with A/C. Rebuilt motor/trans by previous owner with documentation and pics. 73+ Kframe, manual disc brakes (love it) b-body rear drums with bad threshold proportioning.

The plan in no particular order

• re-gasket rear window and install 68 trim
  • suregrip
  • install FF control arm (NEW in box)
  • 17x8 Mustang bullets (cus 17" perf tires are PLENTIFUL, cheap, and look like torq-thrust D's = cool;)
  • suspension upgrades
  • modern hemi swap (on engine stand since 2010!) I like driving it and don't want to take it down and my plan is only half baked.
  • some kind of faster ratio steering.
  • install seat covers (inbox) or swap out for autox

67Cuda.jpg

Good luck with the delayed build!!! looks nice already "then again i'm partial to the 68 notch"

thanks! Truth is that pic is old. the paint is thin and worn in spots and i have since added some real life kid bike handle bar scrapes. But it is a solid platform.

I'll probably start a build thread. Whats kept me down recently has been an odd "moving alignment" where i couldn't get it to hold the toe. I'm pretty sure the upper BJ is failing or the LCA stud at the kframe. dunno, might get to it tomorrow.

Gotta get the Neon on the alignment rack for an upcoming autoX :cheers:

I'll probably start a build thread. Whats kept me down recently has been an odd "moving alignment" where i couldn't get it to hold the toe. I'm pretty sure the upper BJ is failing or the LCA stud at the kframe. dunno, might get to it tomorrow.

AND now i will be doing at the very minimum a LCA rebuild. GRRRR! dang it. but can i resist a T-bar upgrade at the same time.....

:happy1:

Welcome aboard. Great looking ride. I look forward to seeing a build thread.

Aj

-
Back