Hello, 71 Swinger w/318

-

stingdaman

Reaction score
BOught the Drart Last Fall and cant wait to tear into my project! I'm needing some help with it, hope I can find some here! I'm needing to figure out what the seats are from that are in it, I also need to work on my interior, And wiring!I'm going to try and post some pics. If anyone has some of the parts I need I'd love to hear from ya, I'm located in Southern WV

IMG_1950(1).jpg

IMG_1951(1).jpg

IMG_1952(1).jpg

IMG_1953(1).jpg

IMG_1954(1).jpg

IMG_1959(1).jpg

IMG_1960(1).jpg

IMG_1973(1).jpg

Welcome aboard Stingdaman.That looks like a great find.There are lots of great people here that will help you along the way.Keep posting pics of your progress.

Wonderful start to what could be a very enjoyable and great looking ride.

Well, the back seat is definitely a 71 Dart seat, the front seats don't seem to be, though they are close.
I've always preferred front bench seats (with adjustable head rests as were standard in the 71 Dart Swinger) in cars that don't have floor shifters or consoles.

If you don't mind some constructive criticism, (and mind you, these are just my opinion, and please feel free to ignore them). I'd start by completely removing all those extra gauges, including the tach. Then, if you decide that you want them, rewire them with PROPER connections, and use wire looms. I'd also eliminate the "Go Wing" (personally, I never cared for them), and the hood scoops (only because they don't seem to be properly installed).

As I said, these are just my opinions, so please don't take my comments as negative feed back. I think you have the makings of a fine piece of machinery, there. :thumbup:

Of all the A bodies, I've always preferred the 70-72 Swinger body. The front clip has a very aggressive appearance, and I preferred the 71-73 rear bumper over the 70 Style rear bumper. The profile of the Swinger is also more pleasing to MY eye, than that of any other A body. Because of these things, the 1971 Swinger was the ultimate "A" body, IMO.

When you get your list of parts together, you might want to post it. Many people have a pretty good inventory of A parts hanging around.

welcome. i say clean the whole car and remove anything ma didn't put there.go wings and scoops are an owner prefrence so i'll not comment. but the electrical and mechanical are priority one. no clue on the seats dude. ask anything you need to know.i 've never heard a dumb question, but i've given some sketchy answers.LOL,again, welcome to the site, postcar.

Welcome, nice Dart !
The front seats look like the seats I remember in My Bro's Vega .
Definetly go through and sort out all that snakes nest O wire's .
My only criticism is that Green paint :pukeleft:no offense if that's your doing .
But I have never have liked engines in anything but factory colors .
Have Fun !

Welcome, I have to comment on the green motor. That is just horrible. Has to go ASAP. And the wiring looks like a nightmare. That is #2. Other that that I'd say you got yourself a great little A-body there. I like the front seats. They are not A-body though. They are not even mopar. But I like them.

Unfortunately I haven't done anything since i bought it! I don't have any back story on the car, the guy i got it off of was selling to pay for school books! He's the one who put the primer on! The Green will go, the extra gauges will too! I plan on putiing in 2 new quater's. I already know I want a new dash pad! I do need a front bench seat,lol. yea those seats look like someone just put them in it to drive it, they arent even bolted in! The wiring is in bad condition, and needs either re-wired correctly, or just redone all together!!! I have the majorty of the trim! I also need new dash bezels and looking for a new steering wheel(orginal). I need new kick panels too, someone cut those for a speaker or just removed the speaker,lol. Thanks for the in-put!

Welcome to the best site going , if you need help all you have to do is ask.
Take a look around and enjoy, Nice Dart

-
Back