Hello everyone!

-

okiemike

Reaction score
10429337_768624519544_7412586855810678558_n.jpg

My name is Mike and my youngest son and I are about to begin restoration of the 69 barracuda notchback in the above picture. Thanks for allowing me to be a part FABO! I already have a restored 49 ford as you can see in the picture below. Very excited about the cuda project and ready to get started. 318 c.i. 727 trans.

The cuda we just purchased had been sitting for 13 yrs and we winched it on the car hauler and got it to the shop at home, put a battery in it and poured a little fuel in the carb and she busted right off. No smoke and not even any lifter chatter! Very little rust and the body is fairly straight. Should be good build.

Thanks everyone for the welcome, great site and a lot of good info here. I will need it because I'm not real familar with Mopars.

Yes Bob it was and I picked it up in Chickasha, I knew the person who had it and it has been sitting under a carport for 10 years and the last 3 was sitting out in the weather. There is some minor rust that will need patched on the driver side rear quarter. The cuda that is. The 49 is a Tennessee car.

welcome from connecticut. let me know if i can help ya find and parts for your cuda build. i have several sources.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 80
Thanks Bigus, I will keep that in mind, right now all I really need is the driver side front fender, if you know where I can get a replacement. I can probably repair this one, but if I could find someone who sold remanufactored ones I may just replace it.

Welcome from up in the mitten!! Love the cuda, love the father and son project, and LOVE that sled!! That car rocks!! Glad to have you and the lad with us, another young gun is a great thing!!! Geof

-
Back