Hello form NH

-

Pete in NH

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I’ve replied to postings in a few threads and it’s time for a more formal introduction. I have owned a 1969 Barracuda convertible since 1983 when I bought it as a project car. Even though it was only 14 years old, this little 318/904 car had lead a hard life. At 120 K miles it was last owned by a third year medical student to did little but use it as a daily driver with little money to spend on it. I started a major restoration at the time but, then as many of you know life has a way of getting in the way of such projects. The little Barracuda has sat for many years, always in good dry storage but quite disassembled. It made a move from New Jersey to New Hampshire and has again sat waiting for some attention. I discovered this site several years ago and have stopped by from time to time. I’ve always been impressed by the level of activity and knowledge to be found here. I’m retired now from a career as an electronics engineer and this site has really reawakened my interest in the Barracuda project.

I grew up with Chrysler products in the family back in the 60’s and 70’s. Slant 6’s in Valiant’s, Darts and Dusters. A 360 and 383’s in the bigger cars. My first new car was a 71 Charger with a 383 which I still own, a true survivor still wearing its original paint.

I know everyone loves pictures. I don’t have any digital images of the Barracuda and am working on cleaning up some scans of photos taken back in 1983 when the 69 first came home with me.

Welcome from a neighbor in Nashua. Look out for my 73 dart sport!!!

Thank you everyone for the welcoming comments. It's great to hear from some fellows around New England. I'm going to try and attach some photos of the Barracuda that I took right after getting it home from North Carolina back in 1983.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 44
  • scan0003.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 56
  • scan0004.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 48
  • scan0005.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 47
-
Back