Hello from Akron NY

-

1969GTS340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a 69 GTS 340, numbers matching, resto project. It spent its life in South Carolina and had been in storage since 1985. I intend to restore the car from the ground up.

I just purchased a 69 GTS 340, numbers matching, resto project. It spent its life in South Carolina and had been in storage since 1985. I intend to restore the car from the ground up.

Welcome,that's a nice find. Anything needed,you can find here .

Welcome from SC!

Man, you stole my new car right from under my nose.....lol. Seriously, nice find. Keep us informed, and post pics whenever you can.

welcome aboard from ct. let me know if i can be of any help in finding parts for your car. hope to see you and the car in lake george ny at the adirondacknationalcarshow.com this coming september. send me some pics. [email protected]

Hello everyone and thank you for all the warm welcomes to the A-Bodies sight. I'm going to attempt adding some pics of the car in it's current state as many of you have requested. Old Man Rick mentioned (kiddingly) how I may have stolen the car from under his nose in SC. Actually Rick, although the GTS was purchased new in SC, it was sold to a guy in 1985 who moved it to GA. From there it went into storage until he moved to NY in April 2014 and placed the car for sale right at the corner of my street. I was lucky to find it with a for sale sign on the windshield 15 minutes after he placed it there. All of the chrome and engine parts were in the trunk.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 2.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 3.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 4.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 5.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 85
  • 7.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 84
WOW, great find!!! Looks like a GREAT project!!! Still have fender tag?
Why the heck would someone drag the call all the way from Ga then just turn around and sell it???
On another note, why the heck would someone move from Ga to Buffalo NY's cold snowy weather????

WOW, great find!!! Looks like a GREAT project!!! Still have fender tag?
Why the heck would someone drag the call all the way from Ga then just turn around and sell it???
On another note, why the heck would someone move from Ga to Buffalo NY's cold snowy weather????

Great questions. The seller was originally from the Buffalo area and actually went to high school one town away from where I did. He relocated back to the Buffalo area to help with his parents who are getting up in their years. He owns several restorations that are made up of Chevy's and Fords. The GTS was his loan Mopar project that he never gained interest in restoring. He decided to sell it and use the funds to help finish a 69 Shelby project. The GTS has the SC dealers sticker on the rear bumper, the 1985 registration stickers in the window and SC license plate. He transferred the car to me with a clean GA title from 1985 in his name. And yes, the fender tag too !

Welcome to our humble site!! You have certainly come bearing fruit, a sweet peach of a car!! Congrats on your find, and welcome to the wonderful world of Mopars!!! Geof

Welcome, I used to live in the village of Akron back a few years ago. That's a nice straight project you've got there.

MAN!!! I wish some southerner would drag a sweet A-body to my area to sell on my street corner!!!!!!!

More info...4spd or auto, original color B3?, vinyl top?

MAN!!! I wish some southerner would drag a sweet A-body to my area to sell on my street corner!!!!!!!

More info...4spd or auto, original color B3?, vinyl top?

I decoded the fender tag with the following information:

LS23:
Dodge Dart,Demon
Special
2 Door Hardtop

P9B: 340 275HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA

146456: Sequence number

E55: 340 cid 4 barrel V8 275hp
D32: Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission
B3: Light Blue Metallic Exterior Color
B3: Trim - Basic, Cloth/Vinyl Bench Seat
P6B: Interior trim: P = premium level, 6 = vinyl bucket seats B = blue
919: Build Date: September 19
079456: Order number

A04: Basic Group
C16: Console w/Woodgrain Panel
C55: Bucket Seats
G33: LH Remote Racing Mirror
J25: 3 Speed Wipers
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
M25: Wide sill moldings
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V8W: Tranverse Stripes, White
END: End of Sales Codes

Very COOL! I see u already added it to Franks GTS registry, way to go! He's a good guy and that's a GREAT website!!!!

-
Back