hello from Canada

-

Hallzy

Reaction score
Hey everybody just got myself a 74 swinger 318 looking to switch to 4bbl need an intake, carb, 302 swirlports and also looking to switch from column to console if anyone has a center console let me know pickings seem slim in my area don't want to break the bank
Thanks
IMG_20161227_150943_075.jpg

Hi and welcome!

I have an edelbrock performer on my 318 and one of the summit M08600VS carbs on top of it. It works great except when the humidity is high and temps are between 40 and 60 or so. It tends to ice up when I am getting on the freeway at about 40-65mph which gets annoying. Because of that, I cannot recommend that carburetor.

I currently am running the 675 heads but have a set of 302s which i hope to be putting on soon, when I get some Sanderson DD7 headers and exhaust.

When I went from the 2bbl up to the 4bbl the car really woke up. I also dropped in a lunati 10200701 cam. That helped too. ;-)

Welcome aboard. Post an ad in the wanted section. I'm sure there are plenty of guys on here with a floor console for sale.

:welcome: to the fray. What norton said - post a wanted ad - you'll find what you need! Keep us updated on your progress too!! :thumbsup:

Hello from down east...New Brunswick.
I have a 76 Dart Sport, when they stopped the Demon name in 72 it was replaced with the Dart Sport name from 73-76 but they are all essentially Dusters with different grills and tail panel.
Getting back to your console problem, you have 4 options:
1-finding an original or some thing in that manner would be expensive and most of the time only available from the U.S.
2-building a custom console is not cheap and usually a headache.
3- measure how much room you have width wise and buy a used one in a junk yard. This way you can get cup holders which come in handy and maybe even 1 or 2 more output jacks.
4- You could just run a hole in the floor with a boot for your shifter.
I started with a boot and shifter, then managed to get a Mopar console from the U.S., then I thought I might try my hand at a custom console with cup holders but thought heck a used one the proper width would be less trouble, save headaches unless your a carpenter and be much cheaper, so I have a console from a 2010 Kia Forte. My daily driver is a 2013 Kia Forte and after doing some measuring, I found that it would fit. So now I have my cup holders, 2 more plugs, a place to put my box of Kleenex and an arm rest. Usually a console from almost any smallish car will work, measuring for the proper size is the key. All I really did to the console was extend the back about 3 inches.
004 (6).JPG

Hello from down east...New Brunswick.
I have a 76 Dart Sport, when they stopped the Demon name in 72 it was replaced with the Dart Sport name from 73-76 but they are all essentially Dusters with different grills and tail panel.
Getting back to your console problem, you have 4 options:
1-finding an original or some thing in that manner would be expensive and most of the time only available from the U.S.
2-building a custom console is not cheap and usually a headache.
3- measure how much room you have width wise and buy a used one in a junk yard. This way you can get cup holders which come in handy and maybe even 1 or 2 more output jacks.
4- You could just run a hole in the floor with a boot for your shifter.
I started with a boot and shifter, then managed to get a Mopar console from the U.S., then I thought I might try my hand at a custom console with cup holders but thought heck a used one the proper width would be less trouble, save headaches unless your a carpenter and be much cheaper, so I have a console from a 2010 Kia Forte. My daily driver is a 2013 Kia Forte and after doing some measuring, I found that it would fit. So now I have my cup holders, 2 more plugs, a place to put my box of Kleenex and an arm rest. Usually a console from almost any smallish car will work, measuring for the proper size is the key. All I really did to the console was extend the back about 3 inches.
View attachment 1715009354
That looks really good I do like the look of the original ones but this is a good idea maybe I can find one I like thanks

WELCOME -- From Pa. -- Lots of good, knowledgeable, people, here.

-
Back