Hello from Central Texas

-

bmw88rider

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've been reading for awhile now. I'm inheriting my father's 1966 Barracuda here later this year. I've been doing a lot of reading and I've been learning. It's been a while since I've wrenched on some classic iron.

The car itself is in nice shape. It's black and silver with a 273 2 barrel. It's got a red interior. Right now it's pretty well stock. My goal is to make it a nice cruiser. Update the car to Disc brakes, A nice either 318 or 360, add in some AC to beat the Texas heat, and a bit of suspension work to handle the hill country roads.

Good to meet you all. Great little corner of the web you have.

Howdy, rider, glad to have you.
My older son lives in Round Rock. I'm in Troy, just up IH-35 from you near Temple. Sounds like a perfect project to ease back into MOPARs. You'll be hard pressed to find a more hospitable group of folks than those here on FABO.

Welcome to FABO, best Mopar site period! Best place to be with your cool 66. Do you have any pictures? My first was a 66 and have great memories of that car.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Unfortunately, no pictures right now. The car is still at my dad's place in Alabama. It is a good quality older restoration that needs some TLC. I look forward to getting it back on the road and driving again.

welcome 88,
from just 10 min south of you on 35. We have a great MoPar club here in austin, and this site is a great resource for you as well.
Come down and visit some time.
Andrew

-
Back