Hello from Charlotte with a '67 Barracuda

-

CarolinaCuda

Reaction score
Good evening, fellow A-body enthusiasts.

In a past life, I had a '69 Dart GT, 273, two-barrel, 904. That was a long time ago. I finally rejoined the fold after a few decades with the Mopar I really wanted: a 1967 Barracuda Formula S.

It's fairly nicely done, but the original 273 was seized so the guy I bought it from put in a 318 with a mild cam and headers and topped it with the 273's intake and an Edelbrock four-barrel since he couldn't get the Carter working right. It still wears the 273 Commando air cleaner and 273 rocker covers, so it looks mostly stock. It's also a 904-equipped car like my old Dart, and has a console with buckets.

So far, so good. The needs are relatively small: some work in the floor (overall pretty solid, but a couple of patches needed), an alignment, timing, a minor cooling issue, perhaps some trim. But it's got Rallye wheels, which I would have done anyway.

Future projects include upgraded steering (I'll probably keep it manual, but it's just too vague for such a sporty car) and front disc brakes. Neither should be extraordinarily difficult.

For now, I'm just going to tool around in it, since it makes such great noises.

67-Cuda-1.JPG

Welcome from Greenwood, SC. Nice car, does it have the Commando large single exhaust? Anyway the steering is easy to get back to great. Just started getting parts for my brother's 67 Fastback. Try Firm Feel for really nice stuff and good work, A Body Parts . They will be rebuilding the Manual box, new Pitman and Idler arms, C body tie rod ends and sleeves, new lower ball joints, new MOOG rubber lower control arm pivot bushing, Tubular upper control arms, and front sway bar. Good luck with your Barracuda.

Beautiful car! I love seeing rally(e, or ye) wheels on the old Mopars. They look great. The color fits perfectly!

GM had a few colors in their offerings. Yep. Black or red. Mopars loved to have colors. On top, and under the hood too. Another reason that we appreciate a fine car when shown. You did good. Your car looks excellent, compliments.

Mick

-
Back