Hello from Florida

-

4eighteener

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have been creeping on FABO for many years, but thought it was about time to join and be part of a group of similarly minded people, so thanks for having me!
I am in Boca Raton Florida now, but spend half the year up in Vermont.
Currently, I am working on a 1986 Dodge Ramcharger 4x4, which I know is not an A body, but I found your small block engine section to be the most informative of the mopar specific websites, and I will have a few questions to ask, and maybe a tidbit or two to hopefully share.

IMG_5971.jpeg

Hi guys. I have been creeping on FABO for many years, but thought it was about time to join and be part of a group of similarly minded people, so thanks for having me!
I am in Boca Raton Florida now, but spend half the year up in Vermont.
Currently, I am working on a 1986 Dodge Ramcharger 4x4, which I know is not an A body, but I found your small block engine section to be the most informative of the mopar specific websites, and I will have a few questions to ask, and maybe a tidbit or two to hopefully share.
Hello from Utah, welcome to the madness!
I've owned several of the 1980's Ram platform...
1983 Power Ram W150
1984 Dodge Ramcharger (Prospector III)
And a 1988 Dodge Power Ram W150.
I do miss 'em all, I'm planning on getting another truck from that era. I need a simple, reliable workhorse with 4 wheel drive.
I don't know what it is, but these trucks from 1972 to about 1991 (92-93 are ok), they just do it for me. I mean I just like them, it's where my Mopar madness started, and then I got into A-bodies, it might even spread into B bodies. Lol.

Hello from Utah, welcome to the madness!
I've owned several of the 1980's Ram platform...
1983 Power Ram W150
1984 Dodge Ramcharger (Prospector III)
And a 1988 Dodge Power Ram W150.
I do miss 'em all, I'm planning on getting another truck from that era. I need a simple, reliable workhorse with 4 wheel drive.
I don't know what it is, but these trucks from 1972 to about 1991 (92-93 are ok), they just do it for me. I mean I just like them, it's where my Mopar madness started, and then I got into A-bodies, it might even spread into B bodies. Lol.
Hey Cuprum-74, thank you!
I see you are in Utah. If I am being honest, the reason I am working on my ramcharger is a fantasy of a future trip to the offroad trails of Utah with it (nothing too crazy).
I originally was looking for a 70's ers (tin grill) ramcharger, but coming home from work found this ramcharger 5 or 6 years ago broken down on the side of the road and offered to help. I told him if he ever decided to sell, let me know. I heard from him the next day.
When I have touched every bolt, I know it will be ready:)

Welcome... not a ram, but I can say I've seen every nut, bolt, wire, cam, piston, automatic transmission part, transfer case gear.... you name it...
If you have any questions...

IMG_20210510_112322.jpg

PXL_20211108_221559515.jpg

PXL_20220704_200825653~2.jpg

Hey j par, thanks!
I'd say you pretty touched every bolt on that at least twice!
I have been reading and enjoying your posts for years. That, "well hung member" always cracks me up!

Hey Cuprum-74, thank you!
I see you are in Utah. If I am being honest, the reason I am working on my ramcharger is a fantasy of a future trip to the offroad trails of Utah with it (nothing too crazy).
I originally was looking for a 70's ers (tin grill) ramcharger, but coming home from work found this ramcharger 5 or 6 years ago broken down on the side of the road and offered to help. I told him if he ever decided to sell, let me know. I heard from him the next day.
When I have touched every bolt, I know it will be ready:)
If a tin grill is where your heart is I would consider fixing this up flipping it and continuing the search...
I went through near a 1/2 a dozen of these trucks.
Until a 2 year search brought up my current truck...
I had to have a 74 or older living in the city to not have to mess with DEQ... Shows that meant a 72-3 or 4...
Had to be long bed, 4 wheel drive, club cab...
I found mine after a 2 year Search on my wife's space-book for $1250 with the transmission out because it had lost reverse which come to find out It had just broke the reverse ban but of course I completely rebuilt it...
IMG_20210216_130701.jpg

If a tin grill is where your heart is I would consider fixing this up flipping it and continuing the search...
I had to have a 74 or older living in the city to not have to mess with DEQ... Shows that meant a 72-3 or 4...
I found mine after a 2 year Search on my wife's space-book for $1250 with the transmission out because it had lost reverse which come to find out It had just broke the reverse ban but of course I completely rebuilt it...
View attachment 1716184632
Being in Florida, I would like to have the 74 year ramcharger or trailduster for the half door that I can do a soft top with

Being in Florida, I would like to have the 74 year ramcharger or trailduster for the half door that I can do a soft top with
Again, just a suggestion, that you get the one you want before you are upside down into it... It happens quite quickly... getting what you have now to a good manageable Running condition without spending too much. You would be able to get out without a loss, maybe...
Just got back from florida, I was there for a couple months with my wife and dogs...
20231118_070540.jpg

Duuuuu-vall !!!!!....
20231119_125705.jpg

Again, just a suggestion, that you get the one you want before you are upside down into it... It happens quite quickly... getting what you have now to a good manageable Running condition without spending too much. You would be able to get out without a loss, maybe...
Just got back from florida, I was there for a couple months with my wife and dogs...
View attachment 1716184674

Duuuuu-vall !!!!!....
View attachment 1716184673
Thanks for the pic's and advice (nice looking dog). I always have an eye out for a 74 half door, but happy just working on my current 86. That looks like real sand there. They have been pumping so much sand on the beach down here due to erosion that it resembles mud more than sand:(

View attachment 1716184632
Wow, nice truck!
Definitely more practical than a ramcharger

-
Back