Hello from Fredericksburg, VA! I'm glad I found this place!

-

TheWhiteBuffalo

Very Confused
Reaction score
Hello to everyone!

I am the White Buffalo and I hail from the Fredericksburg, VA area. I am 36 years old and feeling like an old man these days. I have been contemplating some ways that I might be able to fight off Father Time and quickly realized that I needed a "man project".

Back in the late 80's when I was just a teenager, I picked up a 1969 Dodge Dart for $300.00. I instantly fell in love with the car and poured every cent of my allowance into that car. It was a total piece of crap, and every "fix" or modification I did only made matters worse. I am not a handy guy and I usually end up hurting myself. But I recall those days with such a fondness and really miss that car.

Well, last week I stumbled onto a 1973 Scamp fixer upper. The car needs body and engine work, but I just fell in love with it. It will take a very long time (on my budget) to ever get it going, but I am looking forward to that day. I hope to surf this forum with a fine tooth comb and learn everything that my little brain will allow. I don't do any work myself, but I would sure love to learn how.

Thanks in advance to everyone for building and supporting the forum. I can't wait to jump in!

Welcome aboard !
You'll certainly find everything you need and more from this great site.
Parts, advice and encouragement, we got it all ��

A "man project"??? That's hilarious. :-D

Welcome aboard White Buffalo. Make yourself at home and don't be shy with the questions ... there is help and comraderie here in abundance and we'll get you through it.

I hope to surf this forum with a fine tooth comb and learn everything that my little brain will allow. I don't do any work myself, but I would sure love to learn how.

Welcome aboard. Doing it yourself is the only way to go. Ask away, remember there are no stupid questions.

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I look forward to doing SOME work myself (like maybe adding the windshield washer fluid and changing the oil). Everything else I hope to find someone on Craigslist (like a mobile mechanic) that can swing by my garage and try and get my slant six running again.

I know, I know. It's pretty pathetic, but I am in desperate need of help....lol. I have zero skill set and zero confidence in my abilities. Hopefully I am able find someone looking to do small jobs when my budget allows and one day get her going. In the meantime, I will be drinking a beer in the garage and staring at it. Heck, I might even tell others that I "did all the work myself".....lol

Thanks again to all for the support and help. I will definitely post questions, pictures, and all of my hospital bills in PDF format!

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I look forward to doing SOME work myself (like maybe adding the windshield washer fluid and changing the oil). Everything else I hope to find someone on Craigslist (like a mobile mechanic) that can swing by my garage and try and get my slant six running again.

You CAN do it.

-
Back