Hello from Illinois with my 1965 Valiant 200!

-

Arnoldo

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just picked up a 1965 Plymouth Valiant 200 for an absolute steal. I almost felt bad... then the excitement hit me. I picked it up from the second owner who had done tones of work to it. When he got it already had a 3.9 v6 engine and trans from a Dakota. Mileage unknown or what year Dakota at this point. It is carbureted. It has 36000 original miles. The car is a gem. So here is the history, car came from the original owner in Florida where it was rarely driven, at some point the engine and trans were swapped. 2nd owner picked it up and put A/C in, power steering, reupholstered the interior, rechromed everything, had the trans rebuilt, custom duel flowmaster. Much more as well. Here's the issue, the emgine started to knock. Not a problem for myself. Here's some pictures, let me know what you think. Thanks

Attachments

• 20150529_203450.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 99
  • 20150529_203500.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 20150529_203506.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 90
Welcome ,nice find. Intrigued by the 3.9 swap, should run nice in a lightweight a body.

Welcome ,nice find. Intrigued by the 3.9 swap, should run nice in a lightweight a body.

Its a great find, went to visit my parents, left with a car. Just waiting on the delivery. I'm not really sure on the engine, I don't really know much about it so I have a lot of reading to do. We'll see how it goes.

I am in the Chicago area. Fortunately its not to congested in my area. Ever venture to Champaign?

I used to go to Champaign on a daily basis, I worked at the U of I. Now I work a lot closer to home, the hour and half drive one way got old fast.

-
Back