Hello from LA

-

Twistedtwister

Mopar addict
Reaction score
My name is Blake and I am new to the forums here. This looks like a great site and I'm sure it will become an addiction just as working on my Duster. I'm currently in Baton Rouge chasing after a Mechanical Engineering degree at Louisiana State University.

awesome site guys!

-Blake

Thanks Moparracer,

Here is a picture of the car when I first bought it.
Duster Picture

the previous owner really treated the car poorly. As you can see, he thought it was a good idea to rattle can paint the factory Rallye wheels Orange.... :banghead: Since then, I have taken the wheels off, stripped and repainted them with a light gunmetal paint. Close to factory silver yet different enough to notice. I thought it gave it a more modern touch...and they will do until I can get some 17x8's.
I also lowered the car 1" all around and began to restore the interior/floor pans.
She's a work in progress, but she'll get there soon enough.

Here is a very poor photoshop I did of my car and what I sort of want it to look like. The wheels do not look right IMO.
dusterlogo.jpeg

This is the stance I'm shooting for.
p170110_image_large.jpg

p170111_image_large.jpg

Welcome Blake. Your right, this is a great site. Great people, fun, info. That degree will come in handy working on the Duster. Ahh, Loozyana, I spent the best years of my life there one Fall. Ft. Polk, A-4-3, where every mans a tiger, a big F'n tiger, etc. Yes Drill Sgt. Anyway, you'll like it here. We must like it, we spend a lot of time here. Hope to see more posts and pics. Ray

Welcome to our A-body world!:burnout:

I had 71 Twister a few years ago i stripped for parts,it was a total basketcase!:sad7:
I'll post a pic. of it if you want!

EvilScamp said:
Welcome to our A-body world!:burnout:

I had 71 Twister a few years ago i stripped for parts,it was a total basketcase!:sad7:
I'll post a pic. of it if you want!

Please do! I'm steadily trying to get ideas for my prject build.

Thanks for the kind welcome guys!

I don't think this will give you any ideas but it was pretty much all original!
It was a /6 3-speed,factory disc-brakes,houndstooth interior and an 8 3/4 rear which is gonna be going under my Duster.
98489524.gif

98489539.gif

lol, a 8 3/4 behind a slant 6? Thats weird, I wonder what the factory was thinking on that one. By any chance, do you happen to have some front disc brake setups?

Twistedtwister said:
lol, a 8 3/4 behind a slant 6? Thats weird, I wonder what the factory was thinking on that one. By any chance, do you happen to have some front disc brake setups?

I have the small-lug disc spindles and hubs off of the one in the pic.,but one of the caliper bolts is seized in the spindle!

Twistedtwister said:

sometimes you have to wonder what they where thinking of, my car had a 7 1/4" suregrip with 2.62:1gears behind a 318 2bbl when the car left the factory!

-
Back