Hello From Oklahoma

FABO Welcome Wagon

1. Greasemonkey1580

Greasemonkey1580 New Member

Local Time:
    9:22 AM
    My name is Jason and i run a repair shop down in Marlow, OK. I have a customers 74 Duster that i've been working on and I joined the forum because I almost have this thing done. (skip to the last paragraph for what i need help with) It has been a journey for sure. It came in for a complete wiring harness replacement, which we got from American Auto wire. I built up an all digital instrument cluster using Intellitronics gauges. Updated the entire AC system with a kit from Classic Auto Air. Everything has been time consuming. This car originally had a 318 and the owner who is a 74 year old lady brought it in because her husband did everything wrong and turned this car into a Frankenstein of parts. Nothing thus far has been stock. Nearly every wire had been spliced multiple times. What should have been a labor intensive but straight forward rewire has turned into a nightmare. I have worked all the problems out with alot of research and perseverance. I am down to wiring up the transmission and getting my bay back. What i am looking for is information to wire up the lock up converter and the neutral safety switch.
    I am assuming that the neutral safety switch has gone bad. From what i read, the center pin is the ground feed for the starter relay. There is no continuity. It has 2 black wires and a brown tan wire on that harness. That i can work around.
    The lockup has a pressure switch with 2 wires, one grounded to the transmission and the other to feed a ground signal to a relay to power the lockup solenoid. I have looked for quite a while and cannot find a similar transmission. All i need to know is what the 3 wire connector that is located above the neutral safety switch for the TCC needs. It has 2 black and one white wire. I was hoping someone knows how to wire it up.

2. barbee6043

barbee6043 barbee 6043 FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    Welcome! I would suggest post your questions in the appropriate spot, like trans, or electricals. The NSS will be easy, but sounds like a late model trans. Someone will tell you what you need to know.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Greasemonkey1580

Greasemonkey1580 New Member

Local Time:
      Thank you

• Like Like x 1
      • Car Nut

Car Nut Mopar Master

Local Time:
        8:22 AM
        :welcome: aboard!

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
        • Mopar-Mitch

Mopar-Mitch Well-Known Member

Local Time:
          Welcome! From Kentucky! :welcome:

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
          • Tarek Baratta

Tarek Baratta Active Member

Local Time:
            7:22 AM
            welcome from Canada

• memike

memike Super Moderator Staff Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
            Welcome from northeast Arkansas

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
            By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.