Hello from Ottawa Ontario Canada, really pleased to have found this forum!

-

Ian MacAulay

Reaction score
Hi Fellows,
I'm a 54 year old Respiratory Therapist and former Paramedic. My plan, started a few years ago when I paid off the mortgage and university bills was to put $$ away every month so that when I retire in 2023 I would be able to buy the old Mopar I've always wanted. I had it in my mind that I wanted a '66 or '67 Belvedere as that's the car my Dad owned and that I learned to drive on. My plan was progressing and the bank account was slowly accumulating but I wasn't looking at cars. (Why bother, still six years away from retirement.) Then last fall my daughter asked for help in purchasing her first car. Part of this was of course going through the Auto Trader to see what was for sale. While checking out the vehicles for her, I tripped over a 1964 Chrysler Valiant Signet 200 Canadian model. It wasn't really what I was looking for, and I wasn't in the market for an old car yet, but somehow I kept going back and looking at the ad for it. One Sunday with nothing to do, I told my wife I was just going to go and "look at it." Well you know where this led. I saw it, drove it, and fell in love with it. It was originally from the interior of British Columbia on Canada's west coast and had seen no road salt for it's first 15 years and no winters at all since 1979. It was repainted and the chrome redone and original engine rebuilt in 1997. The original owner passed away and left it to his grand daughter who paid to have it shipped by rail to Ottawa Ontario. She really didn't know what she was getting into however and with the Armstrong steering and four wheel drum brakes, it was more than she could handle. We struck a deal and now I have the old Mopar (I didn't know) that I always wanted. I did a bit of work to get it on the road, (new upper and lower ball joints, new brake lines, fuel pump and carb kit) It runs pretty well although I have intermittent choke and timing problems which I hope to solve. Looking forward to delving into the threads here for help and ideas.

unnamed (2).jpg

unnamed (3).jpg

Valiant 4.jpg

Valiant 3.jpg

Valiant 5.jpg

Very Nice car, you made a good choice in buying it. Funny, I did the same thing with regards to going back to the ad before I bought the Demon.

-
Back