Hello from Pittsburgh

-

pentamagenta

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Katie and I'm from Pittsburgh, PA. I've been into old muscle cars since I was a kid, but I never thought I'd own one, at least not for a while. Well, my boyfriend is an avid Mopar collector and a bit of a bad influence, so after going to several Mopar shows with him, I knew I wanted a Duster or a Demon more than anything. So, after looking around for a while, I found a '74 Duster on eBay for quite a steal, and I can now say that I am the proud owner of a Duster!

311mmva.jpg

10wi3id.jpg

n1vtb7.jpg

Overall, the car is in great shape for what it is, a few dings here and there, and very little rust. It has a 225 Slant Six, and it runs very well, especially since the guy who sold it to me said that it hasn't been driven in over five years. If you look closely at the car, when the door is open or the hood is popped, you can tell it was once a much darker gold, like a Gold Duster. The "gator grain" landau top is almost all gone, one of the first orders of business is to replace that with a black landau top. But I'm very happy with it, and it's a lot of fun to drive. Not many people expect to see a 21 year old girl driving an almost 40 year old Duster - gets lots of looks, that's for sure! I can't wait to start working on it, I've already purchased bucket seats for it, now I just have to figure out what color I want to paint it, and what motor I want to put in it. Decisions, decisions.

Anyway, I'm rambling, but I wanted to introduce myself and share my new find...looking forward to posting here!

Katie

Anyway, I'm rambling, but I wanted to introduce myself and share my new find...looking forward to posting here!

Katie

Welcome Katie....... I'm from Plum PA, just out side of Pittsburgh...... What part of Pittsburgh are you from? nice Duster!

A most heartfelt welcome ! !

Originaly from the South Hills ( Brookline ).

God barge... getting to the south hills really sucks..... it takes forever! My good friend (former NHL penguins goalie Ken wregget) hates me because I wont drive to his house! LOL

Thanks for the welcomes! I live in Sharpsburg, sandwiched between Etna and Aspinwall. I guess it's considered North Hills. I used to hate getting around the South Hills, but I've gotten used to it as I've had to go out that way quite a bit recently. It's like learning a second language, lol

God barge... getting to the south hills really sucks..... it takes forever! My good friend (former NHL penguins goalie Ken wregget) hates me because I wont drive to his house! LOL

WHAT ! Just gotta be a mountain goat....baaaaaah.....Where you from Katie ?

Thanks for the welcomes! I live in Sharpsburg, sandwiched between Etna and Aspinwall. I guess it's considered North Hills. I used to hate getting around the South Hills, but I've gotten used to it as I've had to go out that way quite a bit recently. It's like learning a second language, lol

Wha, youse guyz don no ?

Most glad to have you Katie.

Welcome from SoCal! Another Duster on the board, oh yeah.

I always thought it was pronounced "Pittsboig"

Welcome to FABO... Nice Duster, im from the Irwin area.. Cant wait to see what direction you head in with the Duster..

Welcome and enjoy lots of good people here and information

Welcome aboard Katie! You'll find all the parts, advice and good people you could want around here. Keep us posted on your progress.

All yinz guys is a bunch of jagoffs!!! Why don't ya roll your pants up with some gumbands and walk through some jaggerbushs!!! After that, put a babushka on your head and eat a Primani Samich and some pierogies!!! Can't wait for the loockout to end so we can go to Stiller Training camp up er in Latrobe!!! Welcome to FABO from one of your neighbors along the beautiful Youghiogheny (I think I spelled it right?) river in West Newton, PA!!!

All yinz guys is a bunch of jagoffs!!! Why don't ya roll your pants up with some gumbands and walk through some jaggerbushs!!! After that, put a babushka on your head and eat a Primani Samich and some pierogies!!! Can't wait for the loockout to end so we can go to Stiller Training camp up er in Latrobe!!! Welcome to FABO from one of your neighbors along the beautiful Youghiogheny (I think I spelled it right?) river in West Newton, PA!!!

Now that, my friend, is funny! jagger's!

Hi Katie, I am also a newbie here from Pittsburgh, Swissvale to be exact.
Just my opinion, but you should consider going with the Gator Grain top the car originally had. They look great with that dark gold!

Thanks again for the warm welcomes! I can't wait to take my Duster up to the Mopar Nationals in August, maybe see some of yinz (I had to, couldn't resist) there!

-
Back