Hello from recently joined member

-

Phantom70Duster

Reaction score
I joined this group a few months ago so thought it was time I introduced myself. My name is Allan. I am working on a 1970 Duster 340 (numbers matching). I live on the Central Coast of CA. I have owned several Mopars throughout the years so while this is not my first, it is my first hot rod. I have been buying parts for this car for the last two years and a lot of people have asked me about the car and its completion date. That is where the title "Phantom 70 Duster" comes in - a lot of talking and no showing!! Yet! What I can show you is the motor that has been completed. This Web Site is a wealth of information and one of the things I can see is that paint/body work takes a looooooong time. Mine has been in the shop for over two years. There is nothing more frustrating than having a motor ready to go and no car to put it in! I have mocked up my own stand out of 2x6 and angle iron; mounted the K-frame on it; acquired a gutted out 727 bell housing; then mounted the engine to break it in. I am going to post the pictures of the engine so if you have any questions please feel free to ask. I may be a little slow in answering as I do not spend a lot of time on this particular site.

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

Welcome aboard!

Nice engine and BTW you live in a beautiful area in California.

Spent 6 months at Fort Ord in 1966...went back in 1998 to take a
look.

Welcome, she looks real good! Looks like ya can just hop right on and go for a very quick spin. :-D

Like your engine stand there, looks like you've got the start to one hell of a custom ride-on mower there LOL, one that would make Tim Allen green with envy!!! Enjoy the time you spend here.:cheers:

Welcome aboard Allan, great looking engine, and don't worry about that Duster taking too long, half the fun is in restoring...

-
Back