Hello from Reno NV

-
Hey it looks like we are seperated by a burning valley at the moment, Don't think the wind is doing it any good!

Cool, When i was in the Military Reno was the closest "city"(Susanville was a bit closer but not really a city) to us(Herlong CA) and I used to run around in Reno all the time with either a 70 Charger with a 383 or a 70 RoadRunner with a 383 in it. Great small City!

Welcome to FABO! You have a sweet car. I used to go to Reno every year for the air races but have not been in 9 years. Have you ever gone? Man I know I miss it a lot. Going to have to get out there again one of these years.

Thanks guys , its the first car i bought with my own money when i was a teen so it has some sentimental value. I used to live out by red rock where they hold the air races so i got to see alot of it, unfortunatlly also got to see a few planes hit the dirt and take out some houses:(.

TF

Don't know how fast you go, but an engine builder named Russ Barfield who is still working inspite of being in his high 70's, had a Plymouth Valiant in 1963 with a slant six than ran 13.0 and over 112 mph. The six cylinder truck engines used a double roller timing set and shared the same chain as the Hemi. I don't know if that set is still available. The chain is, but the cam gear might be hard to find. You could check with Cloyes. You also have a pretty good torque convertor builder in Reno called Yank Performance. Nice to see someone doing something different.

welcome! is that a 73? mine used to look just like that! i used to live in reno from 76-91. did you go to school there? i decided to get a fresh start in the bay area.

Its a 75 and will end up orange with black strips and callout. I was born and raised here graduated in 99, just got back from living in sacramento for two years for my girlfriends schooling.

The only thing i miss from sac is that the drag strip was 5 min away now i have a 45 min drive to fallon.

-
Back