Hello From Upstate New York

-
N

ny2000ramtough

Just thought I'd stop in and say a quick "Hello". My name is Brian and I live about an hour north of Albany, New York. I wish I could brag about the B Body I own or the Hemi car or any old, vintage Mopar for that matter, but I can't. At least not yet anyways.
I am currently beginning my serious search for a vintage Mopar though. I have spent alot of time narrowing down my list of cars I would like to own, and of those, ones I could AFFORD to own. I have narrowed the list down to a Charger, Roadrunner, or even possibly a Dart, if the car caught my eye and was reasonable enough in price.
Of the Roadrunners, the '70-'74's are by far my favorites. The Chargers that catch my eye are the '71-'74 vintage and I like the looks of the '71-72 Darts. I know these cars weren't known for the performance of earlier versions, but as I said, these cars are ones that are more in my price range. I can't see paying a ton of money for a car that needs even more money to make it road worthy just to have it sit in a garage or in my yard for years while I try to scrounge money to rebuild said car. I'm also quickly tiring of the ads telling everyoen how "rare" the car trying to be sold is. I'm sorry, but I find it hard to believe a '73 Duster with a slant six engine and automatic transmission with "console delete" option is rare. The way I look at it right now, ANY Mopar is rare to me simply because I don't currently own one.
I do, however, own a 2000 Dodge Ram 4wd Standard Cab, Shortbox pickup though, so maybe the counts for something.
Anyways, I look forward to getting to know everyone here and making new friends. I also look forward to learning more about these great cars and hope that in the future I can become a more valuable, contributing member. Thanks for letting me join!!! :headbang:

Firstly, welcome to FABO!
Secondly, any car can perform like another, it just depends what you do to it.
Thirdly, a 70 Dart (see my pic below) is almost the same as a 71 minus the rear bumper.
Fourth.. show us pics of that truck!

Welcome!

They are still around. I saw a 71-74 Road Runner yesterday while I was out and about in my cuda. We both waved at one another. There is a lady down the road from me that owns a 72 Road Runner. She takes it to the local cruise ins.

Brian,

I live not to far from you (in Scotia, NY) 20 miles west of Albany. Be patient with the economy the way it is, I'm sure a reasonable deal will come your way. I waited a long tome to get mine.

Brian

Carlisle2008 2(600 x 450).jpg

Hey another new yorkian....welcome..I live close to Binghamton and 2hrs or so from you, depending on how far i push my gas pedal down....Just a heads up we all love pics.....and I mean love pics......Hey I have a 72 dart that needs TLC...I Will sell ya cheap 1500.00...I may even deliver it.....needs allot but I have allot for it, here is a pic it's the blue one LOL......here is my valiant also..pm me:cheers:

r rear done.jpg

72 dart Left side.jpg

Scotia, you are 30 minutes from me, you're the closest fabo member I am aware of.
Any idea of what happened to the car show at Clifton Park Dodge World?
I didn't see it advertised last year.

Scotia, you are 30 minutes from me, you're the closest fabo member I am aware of.
Any idea of what happened to the car show at Clifton Park Dodge World?
I didn't see it advertised last year.

If I'm not mistaken, they put the screws to it after several members got caught street racing down by the old Mohawk Mall. I used to go down to Colonie all the time when I had my Grand National and Monte Carlo SS's. Used to live in Schenectady for several years. I know the Colonie P.D. also started clamping down on the Friday and Saturday night crusing up and down Central Avenue for the same reasons. It only takes a few to ruin it for everyone, ya know?

Oh ya, I grew up going over to central ave, now it is empty.
Makes you wonder why when a few idiots ruin it, the cops and towns don't try something other than close it down completely, businesses suffer, kids lose out on seeing the cars, etc.
That Dodge show ruled, swap meet too.

Oh ya, I grew up going over to central ave, now it is empty.
Makes you wonder why when a few idiots ruin it, the cops and towns don't try something other than close it down completely, businesses suffer, kids lose out on seeing the cars, etc.
That Dodge show ruled, swap meet too.

What goes on on Central Ave or did, had nothing to due with the end of the Dodge World Show. I am the VP of club that did that show and we decided that 2 shows a year was too much for our small club and to just have 1 show, Mopars at LVD in September.

I live in the Gloversville Area.

Ted Sweet

-
Back