Hello from VA

-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Since I've got a couple of A bodies, thought it was about time to join this forum. Undergoing a complete resto is my 65 Dart GT convertible that I've owned since 84. It will remain a slant 6/904 with a few upgrades: built slant featuring a triple SU manifold and Dutra Duals, 8 & 3/4 and addition of factory AC from a 66 Dart. Second A body I own is a 65 Dart station wagon, formerly a slant 6/904. It is getting a 340/904, 8 & 3/4, complete 65 Barracuda interior, 66 Formula S dash and maybe factory AC. I've got a sunroof set-up from a late Duster I might try to work in. Third A Body is a 65 Barracuda 273 4 speed. Gotta add the obligatory 8 & 3/4 and since the 273 has no oil pressure at idle, I think it cries for the other 340 I've got stashed. Final A body is a 65 Valiant Signet convertible slant 6 3 on the tree. Last 8 & 3/4 I have is slated for it. The slant in it is a later engine so a correct year 65 slant coupled with its 833 that I have is going in along with an Offy 2 single carb manifold and Dutra duals. Also own a 65 Coronet 440 convertible which am contemplating on selling or parting out and ditto for a 69 A108 van. Now gotta find time to finish all the projects.

Welcome to the site from Newport News, Va. , just north of Va. Beach. It`s nice to have another A-body from Va. here. It sounds like you have quite a stable and we all look forward to hearing more about ya.

welcome 65 dartman! i am also glad to see another from VA. where are you in VA? you don't have you location filled out in your signature. please post some pics of your cars also when you get a chance....look around there are alot of great people on here.

Thanks for the welcome! Wife and I and 3 daschaunds live about 80 miles west of DC, near where I66 and I81 meet. About the only show we're able to make (due to work) is the Nationals, as I haven't missed one since started attending in 85 (took the 65 Dart GT convert).

65 Dartman said:
Thanks for the welcome! Wife and I and 3 daschaunds live about 80 miles west of DC, near where I66 and I81 meet. About the only show we're able to make (due to work) is the Nationals, as I haven't missed one since started attending in 85 (took the 65 Dart GT convert).
Hello 65 Dartman. I live in Haymarket, exit 40 off of I66. Welcome to the site.

65 Dartman said:
About the only show we're able to make (due to work) is the Nationals, as I haven't missed one since started attending in 85 (took the 65 Dart GT convert).
you really owe it to yourself to go to carlisle 1 time to compare the two. i went to the nationals this year myself just to see the difference...like carlisle better. nothing wrong with the nats though....

65 Dartman said:

Hey 65 Dartman - ...are you near Strasburg then? I live in Fairfax and come out your way every month or two to visit family and (when I'm lucky) go fishing on the North Fork. I have a black 65 Barracuda with a 360... working on it now...can bring it out your way some time this spring or summer after I get it running again to compare notes.

John
65Barracuda

Glad you made it here 65 Dartman.
You have a lot of great A's there

63g resized.jpg

Welcome 65dartman, I am doing a 65 vert also...I'm currently working on a job at the intersection of 66 & 522 in Front Royal. Was down there last week and saw a really nice red Swinger with 340 badges.

69signetv8 said:
Welcome to the site DartMan :thumbup:
Welcome dartman!!!
A lot of good folks here. :thumbup:

Glad to see you back also Jimmy boy :toothy7:

merkel1.jpg

Nice stable of mopars!!! I am messin' around wiyh a 64 Dart GT 340fenderwell [direct connection] headers 4-speed 8 3/4 391. Will have pic's asap. I cannot find Rocker Dude any where ,he was here 2 days ago!

-
Back