Hello! New to the forum with my '74 Duster

-

Max_118

Reaction score
Hello! I am a huge fan of the Mad Max movies, and I've built several replica vehicles from The Road Warrior. The next one on my list is a Monaro, but there's no way I could afford to have a car imported from Australia and shipped to Michigan. So, the closest American car is a early 70's Duster. I found one in decent shape and I've started getting it ready for my build. I know I'm bound to have questions that only veteran A body owners can answer, so I'm hoping for some friendly advice! I will also have some parts to sell that I won't be using.

I'll post pictures of my car, and the car I'm going to replicate.

When I first got my Duster, the fuel line was disconnected and the engine ran off a small gas can under the hood. The seller didn't know why, and I set about fixing it. I dropped the gas tank and cleaned it out ad nauseam. I replaced the sending unit and blew out the fuel line. Put it all back together, and now even the fuel gauge works again! I've also been doing a lot of body work. Other needed repairs:
- Replace the radiatior
- Find an air cleaner top and bottom (2 Barrel 318 - so hard to find one of these!)
- Tires and wheels
- Windshield
And of course all the modifications to make it into a movie car.

So I'm hoping for some good interactions with fellow car fans. Thanks for reading!

- Max

Duster.jpg

Monaro1.jpg

Monaro2.jpg

Monaro3.jpg

-
Back