Hello!

-

MomsDuster

Reaction score
Hello folks,

My name is Mark. Been a mechanic for many years including owning/operating my own repair shop for eight years. (long story as to why we closed the shop) Been in the public sector for the past 17 years so I've been out of the loop for a while now. Decided to resurrect, (not restore) my moms old 71 Duster Twister. The car has been parked for more than a decade and a half! I have many ideas and have already learned a lot from this forum! Very greatful for this forum and look forward to becoming a active part of the community.

Welcome to FABO - got any pics of your mom's Duster?

Here are a couple of pics. She's rough. first thing to go is the drum brakes then motor..

DSCN0398.JPG

DSCN0390.JPG

She has a nice smile. ;-)

Good call on replacing the brakes!

Welcome, looks pretty good from the front, the left side shot on your avatar doesn't look too awful bad either. How's the rest of it?

welcome to the fray - nice bones on that Duster.. if memory serves - the Duster Twister with the 340 sharktooth grill is somewhat rare.. I'm sure your want more power (as in V8) but I think you'll find the value in that car is in it's originality.. do some research before you yank and toss that /6... it's super cool just like it is.

Normally I'm not a fan of "patina" but I just love the way that hood looks right now

Welcome to FABO! The Twister's body looks fantastic. The interior looks like it had some use! She'll be a great project!

-
Back