Hello!

-

srg

Reaction score
Hello my name is Steve, I’m very thankful there such an active site dedicated to these cars. My friend has this amazing 67 Dart and about 10 years ago I wanted to buy it. He was not interested in selling at the time and I have never mentioned it again out of respect for our friendship since money and material things can make a relationship go sour. Well last week he called me and offered it so I jumped on it. I have another project car going at the moment so it will be another year or so before I start on this car. Until then I will harvest information from this great site and fill my head with mopar knowledge.
thanks!

628CC54D-058D-44A4-A903-777630B83108.jpeg

Welcome Steve. Great looking car. I cant see where it needs anything, but what are your plans?

Welcome Steve. Great looking car. I cant see where it needs anything, but what are your plans?
He wanted a promise from me that i restore it all factory. I’m the only person who didn’t talk about chopping it up. The car is as base model as it gets, zero options other than an automatic, trunk appears to have never been used, has the original garbage bag on the dash installed by the dealership and never used. Still has 2 bias ply tires on it, factory paint with a few dings and the gas gauge stopped working. The car is amazing.

Factory is cool, as reliable as it gets! Lots of help on here about that fuel gauge too. What engine? And do the other gauges work?

Everything works. It’s a slant 6 but I’m unsure of the size. Be patient haha I’m not a mopar expert by any means. I have been around Chevys my entire life and a few fords. And in my younger years mopar stuff was unobtainable if you were on a budget, I learned to steer clear of them. Here’s my current project.. not a show car by any means. I like drivers done nice. This car is fine with tape lines in the jambs and a little roughness in the details. IM doing it intentionally that way because that’s how I did the car 22 years ago.

6F369A0A-31CD-4C7E-8275-E62598364F63.jpeg

3AFC71B5-338E-4B1C-88CC-0B0E453555D0.jpeg

D19FDFCB-AEBB-4B5C-9BB5-50A94649C71B.jpeg

As far as the fuel sender goes, look up someone that can restore the original. DO NOT use the chinesium after market units, or the retaining rings. A lot of the members here have had nightmare experiences with that crap. BTW, very nice 67 post car it looks to be a very good starting place.

As far as the fuel sender goes, look up someone that can restore the original. DO NOT use the chinesium after market units, or the retaining rings. A lot of the members here have had nightmare experiences with that crap. BTW, very nice 67 post car it looks to be a very good starting place.
I never knew there was such a thing as restoring a fuel sender. I will look into it. Thank you.
It will be a year before I touch the Dart. I have learned that I do better with one car at a time. For now I’m just going to gain knowledge and ask dumb questions.

I will post one last non-mopar here. This was the last car my father built 17 years ago. He passed on about 7 years ago. Due to his health at the time it’s not the best build he did but I will keep it as-is. I keep it clean and that’s about it. I have never been a corvette fan at all and the owners are strange for the most part. I still have no clue why he liked this car so much. Maybe in time I will figure it out.

77BE313B-939B-44C1-A146-89A33844E8CE.jpeg

Yesterday I went up to my friends house to square up on pay and paperwork. I was hoping to get some really nice glamour shots of the car but since I asked him if he could hold the car for a few months he packed it away behind his boat in storage so I really didn’t even get to look at the car. :(. I tried to get a few pictures but they are not the best. One thing I noticed was the lower seat cushion was redone but I can’t complain.. can’t expect that stuff to last forever.

BEB1D2AC-214E-4754-A068-C8D4303C3117.jpeg

3075C2E4-FD2B-4F1B-8F61-5248AE6EA49B.jpeg

86B47557-B7A2-42EE-9C7E-7F7763FD6A07.jpeg

-
Back