Hello!

-

Unblowupable

Reaction score
Hello everyone! New here but have been on fbbo and Fcbo for a little while. I’m not very active but definitely appreciate the info and help when I need it. Thanks.

IMG_5971.jpeg

I really like the 63 Dodge, the first "real" hot rod I had was a 63 Dodge 330 post car with a 413 and a 4 speed, back in about 1968. It started out as a /6 three on the tree car, but a neighbor took pity on the then young teenager and helped me shove the 413 and 4 speed into it.

I had a 68 Monaco 383 4 barrel, blue big buckets, I was about 15, working at a grain elevator sometimes 75 hours a week up in northIllinois. now that I am 65 I enjoy my 66 Plymouth Valiant sedan in northeast Arkansas, better weather.

20230921_181134.jpg

I really like the 63 Dodge, the first "real" hot rod I had was a 63 Dodge 330 post car with a 413 and a 4 speed, back in about 1968. It started out as a /6 three on the tree car, but a neighbor took pity on the then young teenager and helped me shove the 413 and 4 speed into it.
Thanks, the 63 is my daily driver. Slant 6 auto with75k. Motor is about shot though. I think is got sugar treatment at some point and overheated several times. Got the thing super cheap though and it’s not perfect but solid in all the right places. Plus it was my 7th grade English teacher’s car and the last car my late father in law helped get running so now I’m over invested in it emotionally at this point.

Thanks! The Monaco is my baby 20k survivor.
I use to live in a little town called Paw Paw, mom worked for Armer Dial, I busted my but at a grain elevator for two winters during corn season, we stayed open 24 7 till the crop was in.
Love the Arkansas life comparison to up there

Oh man, I bet its a dream to drive, congratulations
It does. I picked it up a couple years ago. Took me about a year to get it sorted from sitting so long. Drives like a brand new old car. Drove it back from the nationals last year 15mpg at 80mph the whole way and it never skipped a beat. I’ve only replaced what absolutely had to be with Oem. Almost 100% factory.

-
Back