maverick

1964 BARRACUDA 273-5sp.
Reaction score
Hello all,

Does anyone know where I can find:

- 1964-1965 Barracuda Restoration Guide
- 1964/1965 Service-Technical Manual
- A BODY ONLY - Restoration Guide

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

I've seen the Factory Service Manuals for body and mechanical on ebay, both originals and reprints. There are several literature vendors who sell these also.
One book I have is called "Barracuda 1964-1969, a book of information."
Also the 'Barracuda & Challenger Source Book' by Samuel Shields, Jr.
Another interesting book is 'Barracuda & Challenger Color History 1964-1974" by Paul Zazarine.
I'm sure there's more that I haven't mentioned.
Dallas
missourimopar.com

Its not exactly what your looking for, but It really liked the
Project Charger: The Step-by-Step Restoration of a Popular Vintage Car
Link
its the best I have found so far. There really needs to be an a-body restoration book made though. The above mentioned book is all color, and has lots of details and pictures on how to restore all the parts of the car. Hope this helps.

I have a reprint of the 1964 Factory Service Manual. I bought it off of ebay. It has a 12 page service bulletin in the back that covers some of the items that are peculiar to the Barracuda, like the grille, rear side windows & mechanisms, trunk lid, etc. The manual also says it covers the 273 engine, but I've yet to find anything on it.

The book by Zazarine was mentioned. There is another book called Dodge Challenger & Plymouth Barracuda by David Newhardt that has a bit of the history of the Barracuda as well as a few color photos of the early cars.

There is a book called Barracuda Muscle Portfolio 1964-1974. It has reprints of articles from various magazines that tested the cars in the day. It's all black & white but still a good read for performance numbers, equipment available, etc., as well as quite a few photos. I have an extra copy that is brand new that I acquired. I'd sell it if you're interested.

If there's something specific that you need to know, go ahead & ask here. I've had one of these cars for over 30 years & know a little bit about them. I'm sure there's a lot of other people here on FABO who would be glad to help.

-
Back