HELP! 1973 Dart Convertriple,Possible Concept Car???

-

olivier426hemi

Twister
Reaction score
Hello,
I need some help. I am researching info on a 1973 dodge dart sport 340 which has a convertriple package. Its vin ends with 100049(early production). I also found out that the original color on the fender tag was not available for 1973??? It also has right about every option available in a dart for 1973. If anyone know anything about what this car might be please let me know.
Thanks
Olivier

this is a very vage question with little to no answers. the only thing i could guess is 1 of 3 things. 1 this is a car that was run down the line as a test car. 2 this is a dealer showroom demo car (hence all of the options). 3 maybe this is a fake that someone has remade a new tag for and missed the color being wrong. what color is it? does the build sheet match the fender tag? maybe with more info we can help but it maybe impossible to know for sure. have you written galen govier? he maybe the only one that can really help with this......

Hello,
I do know for 110% that this car is real. From what I researched the F6 paint code was not available in 1973. The last year for F6 was 1970 and it was called Bright Green. The first owner only had the car for less than a year so I dont believe it was repainted. I did peal some paint of off the fender tag and I had 3 colors, Top:Black(painted by second owner), Middle:Lime Green("Original Color"), and then a color that looks like F6 (1970 Bright Green).Here is a copy of the fender tag.Thanks for your help.
Olivier

Fender Tag:
Row1: V21 V6X V8X Y91 26 END
Row2: M21 M52 N76 N95 R11
Row3: C73 F13 G37 H51 J52 J54
Row4: V4W U A88 B41 C16 C56
Row5: JF1 F6X9 000 805 M50152
Row6: E55 D34 LM29 H3B 100049

here is what i get from it..... the y91 is special paint finish. clear coat? the color is a 73 color called light pale green. sorry for the quality of the screen. if you need more clarifactaion let me know.....

73 dart.jpg

Ok now its starting to make sence. But all this still does not explain why the car is a different color under the pale green. Do you think this car could have been a factory mistake where it was painted the wrong color and when they found out they painted the right color over it??? Also do you think most likely it was a dealer showroom car or a test car? As you can see from the fender tag this car came with a little more than most darts.Thanks for your help!
Olivier

very hard to say about the paint. early production and all it is possible that they did paint it wrong the first time and repainted it. i would have to say that the car was ordered by the dealer as a showroom car. it is a very early production date and it is about the only things that would make sence. i know of a guy that has a dealer showroom car. his is a 67-68? can remember the year newyorker. it has factory ac, bucket seats, console shifter, and i think a console mounted tach (like the coronet r/t ) if memory serves me and a bunch of other stuff. when was the last time you saw a newyorker with those options? write the dmv of state that it is originally from and run a title history search on it. you then will know the original dealer it was sold to. if it is still in business then you might find some records on it there.

I two have a 73 Dart Sport 340 with the sunroof package. It is Red with white stripes, white interior, and white canvas top all number matching. I have been searching for a long time for another person that has one of these cars. Do you know any info on the production numbers of these cars? If you have any info please I would like to know. Thanks

-
Back