Help 72dart cluster

-

olenavy72Dart

Reaction score
Cluster has never worked since I owned the vehicle. Have the cluster out.. replaced all the bulbs checked all connections.. tried running a quick 12v directly from battery to red and black post on input to cluster.. it acts like a short..if the cluster voltage control is bad, would that make it appear to be a short? The amp meter does move when i touch the leads to the battery. nothing else..

How best to test the entire cluster?

Help please with recommendations. I have read almost every thread on here about clusters.
Thanks
Olenavy72 Dart

View attachment 1715509111

View attachment 1715509112

View attachment 1715509113

Last edited:
Sorry, dude, you didn't read enough. That is not the cluster input, and hooking it up that way is a direct short. That is the ammeter, not a load, it is a path.

Download the wiring diagram from MyMopar.com. For the lights, the cluster grounds to the frame.

Sorry, dude, you didn't read enough. That is not the cluster input, and hooking it up that way is a direct short. That is the ammeter, not a load, it is a path.

Download the wiring diagram from MyMopar.com. For the lights, the cluster grounds to the frame.
Thanks

Olenavy72

Just lights not working? Careful on gauges I think they have a voltage limiter power runs through and sends out 5? volts ? Someone will chip in. Read this post. Lots of info. More out there if you look.
The cluster is out, you won't believe what I found
Yes I replaced the voltage limiter.. all gauges now working with the exception of the fuel gauge... will trouble shoot it today.
Thanks
Olenavy72

-
Back