Help, advice please. E-bay: timinglight

-

swedefish

Reaction score
I bought this timinglight at an ebay auction.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0360694447&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Ecuus 5568 Pro Digital Timing Light.

Recieved it from the seller last friday and was testing it this weekend.
However after I had connected it didn´t show anything on the display, just a blue shade.
Had it reconnected and the reading for voltage showed up for a short moment (approx. 4 seconds)and then faded away.

I´ve sent the seller an e-mail about the issue with the timinglight and got an answere that if I "could contact the manufacturer to hear with them what to do, it would be great".
My question is, how would you guys act in my situation? Make a claim at Paypal or E-bay? Or do as the seller advices?
Thanks in advance.
Lenny

I bought this timinglight at an ebay auction.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0360694447&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Ecuus 5568 Pro Digital Timing Light.

Recieved it from the seller last friday and was testing it this weekend.
However after I had connected it didn´t show anything on the display, just a blue shade.
Had it reconnected and the reading for voltage showed up for a short moment (approx. 4 seconds)and then faded away.

I´ve sent the seller an e-mail about the issue with the timinglight and got an answere that if I "could contact the manufacturer to hear with them what to do, it would be great".
My question is, how would you guys act in my situation? Make a claim at Paypal or E-bay? Or do as the seller advices?
Thanks in advance.
Lenny

He's the seller and the item he sold doesn't work. imo ether he replaces it with a new one or figures out how to make that one work. If not file with ebay.

this seems to be getting to be the norm when purchasing defective goods. the middleman, doesn't want the returns. easier to say contact the manufacturer. I could see the answer from the seller making some sense, because of the distance to contact the manufacturer, but at least offer to take the goods back if there is no success in getting the product up and running.

That's too bad as I bought a used $40 Actron timing light on Ebay for $2 and it works great!:-D

He should refund your money after you send it back to him. It's say pay with PayPal and it's covered. I'd contact Ebay and PayPal if you don't get satisfaction from him.

Ad says "pay with pay pal and your full purchase price is covered" Report it to paypal and let them take care of it.

Thanks guys.
Wrote to him and told him that I would appreciate if he makes the phonecall. Thought that I would give him a chance to correct the issue with the light.
Do I make the report via Paypals site?

Ive had to deal with this sort of thing before.....If its broken and you were not the original purchaser and you do not have a reciept.....there isnt much a manufacturer is going to do for you other then say,sorry for your bad purchase....how about you buy a new one.......lol......as previously said,contact paypal....ebay cannot do anything for you,all they handle is the auctions,paypal is the one that handles the money deliver and returns and any problems with the sale. what you will need to do is go to your ebay main page and dispute the sale....its a long process but they will most likly get it taken care of for you. you will have to file a dispute claim,in that claim you have to give a full description of the item,the listing and the condition it arrived to you in and your problem with the item and what you want done about it. paypal then contacts the seller and they have to do the same and give a full description....it then goes up for dispute in front of the paypal board and paypal decides who is in the right and who is in the wrong. even if you do win the dispute...you have to pay the shipping and handeling fees without reimbursment. as long as the seller did not have in his description of the item he was selling somewhere that it "may be defective" or something along those lines...you should be fine....even if he stated it is SOLD AS IS....he can still be held accountable because he was not honest about the condition of the item. It would be a much faster and easier process if you and the seller could work out a refund on your own and avoid the dispute through paypal because if i remember correctly....that can take up to 45 days to fully process...no fun lol....anyhow,I just figured Id chime in and try to help..good luck!

Ive had to deal with this sort of thing before.....If its broken and you were not the original purchaser and you do not have a reciept.....there isnt much a manufacturer is going to do for you other then say,sorry for your bad purchase....how about you buy a new one.......lol......as previously said,contact paypal....ebay cannot do anything for you,all they handle is the auctions,paypal is the one that handles the money deliver and returns and any problems with the sale. what you will need to do is go to your ebay main page and dispute the sale....its a long process but they will most likly get it taken care of for you. you will have to file a dispute claim,in that claim you have to give a full description of the item,the listing and the condition it arrived to you in and your problem with the item and what you want done about it. paypal then contacts the seller and they have to do the same and give a full description....it then goes up for dispute in front of the paypal board and paypal decides who is in the right and who is in the wrong. even if you do win the dispute...you have to pay the shipping and handeling fees without reimbursment. as long as the seller did not have in his description of the item he was selling somewhere that it "may be defective" or something along those lines...you should be fine....even if he stated it is SOLD AS IS....he can still be held accountable because he was not honest about the condition of the item. It would be a much faster and easier process if you and the seller could work out a refund on your own and avoid the dispute through paypal because if i remember correctly....that can take up to 45 days to fully process...no fun lol....anyhow,I just figured Id chime in and try to help..good luck!

Thanks for the info, DusterDude72. Helps a lot.
This Powerseller have a good feedback, and by the tone in his e-mail I think he´s a nice guys. Hope everything turns out for the best.

Thanks for the info, DusterDude72. Helps a lot.
This Powerseller have a good feedback, and by the tone in his e-mail I think he´s a nice guys. Hope everything turns out for the best.

no problem, good luck!

The issue with the timinglight is solved. After two e-mail, from me, the seller did talk to the manufacturer. They are replacing the light with a new one.
I´ll pay for the shipping though but that is okay with me.
Thanks guys

Good....glad you got it figured out....make sure you get some kind of receipt prior to shipping it out just to cover the bases so you don't get scammed or anything,good luck!

Good....glad you got it figured out....make sure you get some kind of receipt prior to shipping it out just to cover the bases so you don't get scammed or anything,good luck!

Thanks!
Hopefully this is not a scam, that would really make my day. LOL
All the corrresponding was made via e-bay and paypal for the payment
of the shipping.

-
Back