Help alleviate my anxiety - engine was noisy on startup

-
Call some lifter manufactures or call some cam companies and ask them how many failures they see a year from building oil pressure cranking on them. You can also call LAT, Driven or Torco and ask them about it.

I have no doubt you are doing it. Sometimes it doesn’t matter with a HR and moderate spring loads.

But a SFT or a solid roller with even normal spring loads for street driving (which is now 280 on the seat minimum) will certainly be less likely to survive much of that.
Rose dont get me wrong I believe/agree with you.
Cranking it for that long is not a good practice.
It's just in my case it hasn't happened. - yet

I bet the factories didn't prime jack. They just busted um off and drive um off the assembly line.

The engine plant used to run them on a hot test stand back in the day.... They would start them and run them real quick to get everything primed and moving... That would prime any empty lifters...

I heard stories from the old days when the operators would get bored, they would install the distributors on the 440 six pack engines with some extra advance... Then when they were started in the hot test stand, they would back fire and shoot flames out the center carb almost to the ceiling of the factory... :eek:

Sometimes they needed a little entertainment... :rolleyes: :popcorn:

The engine plant used to run them on a hot test stand back in the day.... They would start them and run them real quick to get everything primed and moving... That would prime any empty lifters...

I heard stories from the old days when the operators would get bored, they would install the distributors on the 440 six pack engines with some extra advance... Then when they were started in the hot test stand, they would back fire and shoot flames out the center carb almost to the ceiling of the factory... :eek:

Sometimes they needed a little entertainment... :rolleyes: :popcorn:
Don't even get me started! this is why I can't work in jobs where I do reparative work! It doesn't end good for nobody and I always get fired! LOL...
I got machine shop stories!...

-
Back